• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltic

Established Member

Bitterne - what is this! its the 6 January a camel has been seen in Camden and you take us to Bitterne - this is either the work of a lunatic or a grand master - only time will tell

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes going to need an explanation here as I can't quite see it personally (but bearing in mind the embarrassing episode earlier perhaps my knowledge isn't quite what I thought it was)?

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Even Samantha thinks that was quite a sudden finish.

But however wrong it feels, maybe this is how it ends... This is almost as sad as the season 4 finale of Teletubbies...

backontrack

Established Member
A true magician never reveals his secrets ;)

Well, I propose we have another round. However, I think we should use the 1979 Butlins rules this time round, which means that all athletic laterals, bi-laterals and quad-laterals in Zones 2 and 3 are prohibited. The eastern branch of the Central Line is also out of play (for obvious reasons).

I'll kick off with Kingsway.

Last edited:

Established Member
Almost but not quite. The Camden Camel wants to take us (and Samantha) for a ride and a haircut before midnight to

High Barnet

backontrack

Established Member
Almost but not quite. The Camden Camel wants to take us (and Samantha) for a ride and a haircut before midnight to

High Barnet

HOLD ON TO YOUR EQUINE STOCK!

The Camden Camel is out of play. Firstly, it was a dromedary, and secondly, I played Mornington Crescent! Correctly!

However, I will gladly allow this as part of our second round of games. Indeed, I see your High Barnet and raise you a Gloucester Place. The Camel does not return to play until Turnpike Lane.

As an aside, we could do with that haircut, if only for ainsworth74's sake. His hair really is weird.

Last edited:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Insulting a member of Forum Staff is an instant banishment to Nidd for at least ten moves.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Rule doesn't apply to Forum Staff. You don't want to know what happens to them if they insult another member of Forum Staff...

Established Member
HOLD ON TO YOUR EQUINE STOCK!

The Camden Camel is out of play. Firstly, it was a dromedary, and secondly, I played Mornington Crescent! Correctly!.

So you say, but Samantha hasn't declared who scored the most yet.

Surely the Camden Camel is the whole point of the game? Although it is raining in London so you could be right. (Is it really a dromedary, I'm shocked).

But in the spirit of the game, assuming no last minute stewards enquiry, congratulations on your victory.

Houndsditch

deltic

Established Member
So you say, but Samantha hasn't declared who scored the most yet.

Surely the Camden Camel is the whole point of the game? Although it is raining in London so you could be right. (Is it really a dromedary, I'm shocked).

But in the spirit of the game, assuming no last minute stewards enquiry, congratulations on your victory.

Houndsditch

Sven enquired of the Steward and found him most obliging. Hatton Cross

DasLunatic

<plug> We have another game operating in the forum League - link at the bottom of this post </plug>

I had a word with the woman in question earlier. She said that Moscow Passazhirskaya was an invalid move, as it contravenes the Post-Soviet rulings of 2005, namely that two stations in the ex-USSR cannot be played one after the other without the express permisson of Mikhail Gorbachev. Seeing as you didn't get permisson, moves after Moscow must be ignored and the next valid move is City Road. Following through that passage of play (via Golspie, of course) reveals that I am in fact the winner.

Valiant play to all though - this game was brilliant fun and I hope to see you in Game 2.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eS5rQBP3mXMbXoFcV6FPkv7N0/edit#gid=1175210972

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
What's all this quibbling going on here then? I'm sure somebody said that this ol' rubbish would be swept up as soon as the camels become visible in north Camden on the 6th… and wasn't that supposed to be yesterday? Someone's mentioned my name in ere too, I live on a Road, not a Crescent! That's a type of moon… or have I completely missed the idea of the game?

Thanks for playing all - until next time…

Status
Not open for further replies.