• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spamcan81

Have none of you heard of Portnoy's Boxing Day variation? Played just the once back in 1921. So I give you Edgware Road.

Wombat

I believe that the 2018 Mansion House rules permit me to execute a double swerve from Edgware Road and proceed directly to Hornsey. I am willing to incur up to six penalty points.

Esker-pades

Established Member
A double swerve to North London after a Portnoy's means that the Uxbridge branch is in Nid for the next 4.5 turnovers unless its covered in tinsel. It isn't, so I'll have to go for Northwood Hills.

Spamcan81

I believe that the 2018 Mansion House rules permit me to execute a double swerve from Edgware Road and proceed directly to Hornsey. I am willing to incur up to six penalty points.

That is a very loose interpretation but I'll accept your Hornsey if you'll allow me to play the long closed station at King William Street. I'd argue it's allowed under the little known Vauxhall variation.

Edit : I see my Vauxhall variation has been pre-empted by Northwood Hills. :(

Esker-pades

Established Member
That is a very loose interpretation but I'll accept your Hornsey if you'll allow me to play the long closed station at King William Street. I'd argue it's allowed under the little known Vauxhall variation.

Edit : I see my Vauxhall variation has been pre-empted by Northwood Hills. :(
I think your Vauxhall variation is allowed from my move because I played both north and up.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I fear we'll be in Nid if this confusion continues for much longer so to try and restore some sense of decorum I'll play Charing Cross which should see us right.

AndrewE

Established Member
I fear we'll be in Nid if this confusion continues for much longer so to try and restore some sense of decorum I'll play Charing Cross which should see us right.
Can I be pedantic and point out that it is actually Nidd? See Wikipedia for more details...

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Can I be pedantic and point out that it is actually Nidd? See Wikipedia for more details...

Oh good I'm glad to see that at least one player is paying attention! Have a Forum Staff Bonus Point!

Meanwhile I fear that any attempts at congestion relief are unlikely to be successful as I think the next move has to be Oxford Circus.

Jona26

Hmmm...as as that move was potentially illegal under Hardy's Legacy I propose Dundonald Road to avoid impeachment possibilities.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hmmm...as as that move was potentially illegal under Hardy's Legacy I propose Dundonald Road to avoid impeachment possibilities.

I'm not quite sure which version of Hardy's Legacy you're currently referring to but certainly in the current 14th Edition (Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2017) I think you'll find it was a perfectly legitimate move!

Esker-pades

Established Member
Legitimacy or not, I don't want to avoid impeachment, so I'll add Therapia Lane to the evidence for the prosecution.

EDIT: I've been pipped by Stanmore, so I must re-consider.

Last edited:

Wombat

The newly introduced gender balancing rules mean I must now play Maida Vale before the Women & Equalities minister removes our license.
Oh, that's very good. I was attempting a reverse Shatner manoeuvre, but you have thwarted me and I am exiled to Nidd.

56 1/2

Invoke Boxing Day double extension rules and play MANTLES WOOD as a pull out to the previous Northwood Hills

The Ham

Established Member
I really wish it had the slightest in-cling how you lot work out what your doing and how to make the next rule up, it fascinates me! Listening to it on R4 the other day didn’t shed any light what so ever - merry Boxing Day everyone

Once you get your head around huffing (not as easy to understand as the offside rule) then you've got a fighting chance of being able to play. Probably best to ask one of the more experienced players than me to explain it to you.

Of course your best bet on understanding points is to ask those like Samantha or Sven who often score.

Wombat

I remain stuck in Nidd. If anyone can help me get out by supplying me with a valid swimming certificate (bronze or above), I offer in return three moves of expedited after-hours travel on the Circle line between Embankment and Barbican (anticlockwise).

The Ham

Established Member
I remain stuck in Nidd. If anyone can help me get out by supplying me with a valid swimming certificate (bronze or above), I offer in return three moves of expedited after-hours travel on the Circle line between Embankment and Barbican (anticlockwise).

Whilst I don't have a valid swimming certificate, would playing West India Quay using the Raj vortex give you the way to unlock your predicament?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Whilst I don't have a valid swimming certificate, would playing West India Quay using the Raj vortex give you the way to unlock your predicament?

If you play that move the only possible follow up, using the Pursers gambit, could be Gallions Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.