• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I fear that the Quizmasters may take a dim view of the most recent passage of play so how about a nice safe move of Stanmore?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Whilst it’s still an available option, I will use the clause written into the Maastricht Treaty allowing a move to Theydon Bois.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Of course your best bet on understanding points is to ask those like Samantha or Sven who often score.
Sven doesn’t do scoring during the waxing phase of the moon but he is replaced by his second cousin-once removed Stig during these periods.

A Challenge

Established Member
The Maastricht Treaty allows us to move abroad, within the EU, so we end up at Berlin Hauptbahnhof

Wombat

Thank you for your help in extricating me from Nidd, in a fine display of the Christmas spirit. Allow me to repay your kindness with a trip to Berlin Ostbahnhof, bringing the Hangman's Lament into play.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
hang on. The referendum was all about taking back control. We simply cannot allow the will of the people to be treated with such contempt by snearing, patronising, metropolitan elites trying to make out that decent British underground stations are not good enough and that just because you don't know who Berlin Charlotte was you must be an idiot. These remoaners have to be crushed. Only then can we assert the sovereignty of British rules and regulations and not be oppressed by the evil nonsense imposed on us by un elected bureaucrats in Brussels or Strasbourg.

Therefore I play Lansdowne Road. Dublin is in the UK right?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
In the hope that we might extract ourselves from this political hot potato how about a nice non-controversial Pimlico?

Wombat

In the hope that we might extract ourselves from this political hot potato how about a nice non-controversial Pimlico?
We visited Pimlico in post 23. Am I to assume that you're declaring a Heisenburg majority? I think that's permissible under the 2018 Mansion House rules, but possibly unhelpful at this stage.

Wombat

We visited Pimlico in post 23. Am I to assume that you're declaring a Heisenburg majority? I think that's permissible under the 2018 Mansion House rules, but possibly unhelpful at this stage.
(Heisenberg, clearly. Blame the sherry.)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

I thought that would have been self-evident! Blimey.

MotCO

Established Member
I thought we were playing both Mansion House and Chatham House rules. In which case, I propose Cannon Street.

Wombat

Fine. Baker Street!

Edit: that was in response to Cactustwirly, but I think the point still stands.

56 1/2

For the next three hours you are in danger of a quad bounce back to MANTLES WOOD so to save us all Seven Sisters

Jona26

No absolutely not! Mantles Wood invokes a triple bounce back so it would have to be Clapham Common via Queensway.

A Challenge

Established Member
The triple bounceback from Mantles Wood makes this move invalid whatever it is, and so I shall play Dollis Hill

Jona26

Mansion House 2018 Rules tetrahedral to Hampton Court via Kensington, Buckingham, Lambeth and Greenwich.

Double points please!!!

56 1/2

Mansion House 2018 Rules tetrahedral to Hampton Court via Kensington, Buckingham, Lambeth and Greenwich.

Double points please!!!
South of the river this time of night - even double on the meter

Charing Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.