• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
My fault - I forgot that a Tramlink move has to be made on a dot-and-carry-one basis otherwise the end of line defaults kick in. I will try to rescue the situation by a low speed transit to Kensington Olympia

Jona26

Which must lead to Hampstead Heath as per Stovold's original rules.

Edited to add...would Queenstown Road put you in nidd on strike days?

DerekC

Established Member
Play it safe - don't get into an argument with Stovold, my mum always said …. can't think of anything safer than Headstone Lane

As regards Queenstown Road - no, because Nidd is only accessible from the northbound Bakerloo Line between Elephant and Waterloo.

Jona26

Bayswater. As this is a WC postcode according to the Continuous Chain Method this scores triple points and counts towards league standings in the Armitage Shanks Memorial Bowl.

A Challenge

Established Member
We appear to have ended up at White Hart Lane - we might have veered off course slightly from the real wonderful game.

Wombat

Certainly looks like it, I might have to use Gideon's Amendment to my advantage here and go to Bank.

Bank, is it? OK, then I'm going to put my faith in the tube map and assume that there is a sensible interchange there from the W&C line to the District line at Monument. If you haven't heard from me in three days, please send help.

Also, under the Voldemort interdiction of 2006, whoever decided that the two stations should be referred to as "Bank / Monument" as if they're basically the same place is consigned to Nidd in concrete boots.

Yes, I'm still bitter.

DerekC

Established Member
Concrete boots might be very useful in Nidd to allow walking on beds of fire, that sort of thing. So I think I will wander down to Mudchute to see what emerges from the depths.

Jona26

Hmmmm....if straights are disallowed would Sven's Deviation from Mudchute take me up the Oxo Tower? Sorry, on second thoughts can I change that to Arsenal?

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hmmmmm a tough one. Fongston interpretation offers little but is all I have left in my hand.

Weak but I have to play Temple. No choice really.

Ostrich

I did have a cunning move planned using several obscure rules applied during the Jacobite War of Succession 1746, but unfortunately the 1746 has been cancelled and I am still stuck at Waterloo …..

DerekC

Established Member
No, no, no! Have you forgotten the Boleyn prohibition? Anything green is unlucky on the 28th of any month. So to try to restore balance it's got to be

Redbridge

DarloRich

Veteran Member
No, no, no! Have you forgotten the Boleyn prohibition? Anything green is unlucky on the 28th of any month. So to try to restore balance it's got to be

Redbridge

But the Boleyn prohibition is not valid during the festive period. The Santa Clause rather obviously states that between December 23 and January 2nd the actual date is treated as an unknown. Some interpretations ( particularly that of St Nicolas College) go so far as to say the day of the week is ignored which personally I feel is to wide an interpretation frankly.

Therefore i play Parsons Green

DerekC

Established Member
That interpretation has been challenged by the MRLP (previously known as the Monster Raving Loony Party) on the grounds that if the date is treated as unknown, it might be the 28th, so the uncertainty principle should be applied. You think you are at Parsons Green, but in fact reality has changed to put you at Dagenham East.

Wombat

Having acquired a plenary indulgence to facilitate my escape from Dagenham, I am now in Regent's Park on the way to visit my Harley Street trauma counsellor.

DerekC

Established Member
Right, so using the residual field from your indulgence and winding up the artesian pressure to maximum we should just about be able to reach Zone 6… no dammit, the end of line default has kicked in again Elephant and Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.