• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ham

Established Member
she cannae take anymore cap'n - the dilithium chamber's gonna blow!!!

Whitechapel

(The Shatner approach)

I feel that we need something much more elemental after all that, so using the core rulebook is over to Stonebridge Park.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

krus_aragon

Established Member
I feel that we need something much more elemental after all that, so using the core rulebook is over to Stonebridge Park.
Sticking to core rulebooks, my D&D Dungeon Master's Guide (3rd ed.) indicates the best move for the London Dungeon is Waterloo.

Wombat

That reminds me of a funny story: an acquaintance of mine once attempted Waterloo - Hainault in March when he was in possession of an umbrella! You should have seen his face; he ran home crying. His wife later divorced him and I believe he eventually shot himself on a retreat in Cambodia.

Anyway: North Acton.

Wombat

I have a doctor's note entitling me to travel to East Acton. I've had that note for twenty-seven years, and I feel strongly that now's the time.

Ostrich

Lacking any other suitable cards, that regrettably leaves me with little option other than to play my final Enigma Variation. The nearest I can get to the Royal Albert Hall appears to be High Street Kensington

The Ham

Established Member
Lacking any other suitable cards, that regrettably leaves me with little option other than to play my final Enigma Variation. The nearest I can get to the Royal Albert Hall appears to be High Street Kensington

Whilst wanding the area I pop into the Science Musium and are able to find out about flight and therefore move to Heathrow Terminal 5.

Fortunately avoiding the natural history museum with the risk of ending up without a tube station nearby either in time (by funding myself along with the dinosaurs) or space (by ending up on the Galapagos Islands or in the oceans). Either of which would have required quite some effort to get back into the game from, and this far through the game would have been hard to achieve before the end of the game.

DerekC

Established Member
I am afraid that's invalid since under Pavlov's Stipulation you should have declared the breed of dog. That leaves me free to go anywhere else on the subsurface network that begins with the letter B so I choose - Bayswater

Wombat

I fear that the game is becoming somewhat melancholy, so I will attempt to revive some festive spirit at South Acton.

A Challenge

Established Member
Surely you should be going North, not south for Christmas? Northwood might help us on our way to the North Pole.

Wombat

West Acton.

Having visited all of the Cardinal Actons within a 24-hour period, I am now exercising my right to revoke the Lovecraft Interdiction of 1937, opening the way for the return of the Great Old Ones (ETA: Tuesday afternoon).

Incidentally, this also means that R'lyeh Central, R'lyeh Airport and R'lyeh Parkway have all become accessible to travellers.

DerekC

Established Member
Sorry, end of line bonuses don't apply on Tramlink, even given the effect of Heisenbucket's Uncertainty Principle. So I am going to call your bluff -a spell in the Limehouse should cool you down a bit!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Very disappointing to see that play has died off. I assume that's because none of you have the bravery required to play the only move that can possibly be made under Jellicoes 4th Edition of the rules. Which is:

Uxbridge

DerekC

Established Member
Jellicoe has been very widely discredited and I think on that basis Maidenhead represents an unacceptable risk. I suggest that you think carefully about any move that puts you west of Marble Arch at this time in the evening. Personally I would play safe and make a virtual reality move directly to Shenfield.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I can't quite believe we have such philistines on the Forum that would cast such scorn on Jellicoes 4th! Good grief.

Well from Twyford I see no reason not to go further and will say Reading!

DerekC

Established Member
You put us in a very tricky situation. The sudden move from Maidenhead to Shenfield and back to Twyford and Reading may well set up resonance with some distant reality in which Crossrail has already been finished. What we need is some damping - so I call Pontoon Dock ready to dive in!

Status
Not open for further replies.