• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas43

I meant no philistine scorn of Jellicoe. Indeed, after cooling off in Pontoon Dock, we can exploit the constructive ambiguity of his version of rule 109(c), to proceed to British Museum, 1926, to consult the former Reading Room's copy of his Appendix XXIX, on the perils of nocturnal dalliance west of (some say) Hanwell, and ponder the next move.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Oh no! What have we done? The ultimate haunted station!! Let's just go directly to Gospel Oak and get some sort of protection from whatever it is that prowls the tunnels after service hours.

The Ham

Established Member
I meant no philistine scorn of Jellicoe. Indeed, after cooling off in Pontoon Dock, we can exploit the constructive ambiguity of his version of rule 109(c), to proceed to British Museum, 1926, to consult the former Reading Room's copy of his Appendix XXIX, on the perils of nocturnal dalliance west of (some say) Hanwell, and ponder the next move.

The numbering of the 109 sub clauses always added a bit of ambiguity what with them being (1), (ii), (c) and (V).

Established Member

if there is any pondering to do.....

Ponders End

DerekC

Established Member
As that's the fourth time Parsons Green has been visited on this thread, Rule 55.1.2 is automatically invoked. Seven anticlockwise orbits of the Circle Line are required to undo the damage. I will start by declaring Mansion House.

Ostrich

As that's the fourth time Parsons Green has been visited on this thread, Rule 55.1.2 is automatically invoked. Seven anticlockwise orbits of the Circle Line are required to undo the damage. I will start by declaring Mansion House.

As one of the previous footfall at Parsons Green, I am distraught that because of my actions Rule 55.1.2 has been enforced. I can confirm that I am wearing a collar.
We cannot possibly visit Monument again on the Circle Line, so I move from Woolwich Arsenal to King George V. There must be a monument to him somewhere ….

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
This is all getting far too "Radio Four" for me - I'm invoking Article Fifty and three quarters and leaving this game and heading off to Regent's Park. Byee.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
This is all getting far too "Radio Four" for me - I'm invoking Article Fifty and three quarters and leaving this game and heading off to Regent's Park. Byee.

Speaking of 3/4 let's have a quick trip to Kings Cross. I believe the Gryffindor amendment allows such a move

DerekC

Established Member
Kings Cross is OK with me, but skirt carefully round the disused Thameslink platforms - you might get marooned way out beyond Gallions Reach.

A Challenge

Established Member
What about the conplex's used Thameslink platforms, which can be used to take us over the water to Abbey Wood, in the absence of Crossrail? Move made via the St Pancras Thameslink amendment of the Thameslink 2000 rules.

DerekC

Established Member
That's a bit of a try-on. As everybody knows, T2000 rules were abandoned by Edict of Prescott. I think we should raise or sights a bit - Star Lane would do.

LUSOwner

What's this about? How do you play? Any rules?

All is somewhat fishy... and chips, sorry. Whitby is good for it, I've heard?

Last edited:

krus_aragon

Established Member
What's this about? How do you play? Any rules?

All is somewhat fishy... and chips, sorry. Whitby is good for it, I've heard?

(Tell me if I've done it right, I'm so confused...?)
It's a slightly novice move, but we'll go easy on you.

A good sequel to that (while avoiding Nidd) would be Whitechapel, as it avoids the diagonals that are currently invalid, while gaining an alliteration bonus.

If you want a good introduction to the rules of the game, NF Stovold's classic Mornington Crescent: Rules and Origins is the book to look for. Failing that, Wikipedia can help in a pinch.

The Ham

Established Member
It's a slightly novice move, but we'll go easy on you.

A good sequel to that (while avoiding Nidd) would be Whitechapel, as it avoids the diagonals that are currently invalid, while gaining an alliteration bonus.

If you want a good introduction to the rules of the game, NF Stovold's classic Mornington Crescent: Rules and Origins is the book to look for. Failing that, Wikipedia can help in a pinch.

The problem with Wikipedia is that often people just make the rules up to catch out the novice player. At one time or even said that you could play (insert name of game) at any time and just win.

Talking of green things; Greenford (clearly not a Park, as that would make it the fifth time this game and wouldn't be allowed).

DerekC

Established Member
The rules are perfectly easy to understand if you just concentrate. In this case, since it isn't clear whether Greenford was played or not Cummings Sodit Principle applies, so I can go wherever I please. And for reasons I can't explain it pleases me to go to Maida Vale.

cosmo

Maida Vale?! At this stage in the game?! You absolute madman.

I have no choice now but to execute a triple-underscore corkscrew manoeuvre, and move to Roding Valley. I'll happily draw any necessary penalty cards for this move.

DerekC

Established Member
How on earth do you escape from South Wimbledon on New Year's day? I know - the Dixon/Cluff feint - set back one car length, open all the doors, apply full power and pull the stick back - aiming for touch down at Debden. Hold very tight, please!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Aha! Excellent and with that you have activated my trap card! I shall play Morden and therefore I am only six moves away from victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.