• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekC

Established Member
Following the Huff I have to follow the clue given me in Old Johnson's Almanac, which leads me through the bowels of North London to Turkey Street (if you have any left, I do a very good curry).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
I am afraid Wales is absolutely off-limits for this game. Please refer to Gubbins' Compendium of Rules - page 62, rule 261.3.1. It may seem unfair, but that's the way it is. So I am afraid we are going to have to settle for Farringdon (nearest station to the London Welsh Centre).

A Challenge

Established Member
Scotland isn't, though, and Morningside Crescent is a Scottish favourite of Radio 4.

Wombat

Too far north at this time of year for my taste. Shall we compromise at Disley?

Ostrich

Baker Street!

Oh sorry, ignore that, I thought we were playing "Mornington Croissant" …. :smile:

A Challenge

Established Member
Too French, Mornington Croissant. Reminds me of the former French President Francois Hollande Park, and I accept any penalty for incorrect spelling.

DerekC

Established Member
Oh no! not Eurovision!! (Does Brexit get us out of competing? That would definitely be a benefit!). Let's get as far away as we can. Pratchett's Hypothesis suggests that from Watford High Street we might be able to see one of the elephants.

DerekC

Established Member
Have to go very carefully here for fear of creating a critical mass at the station-we-are-not allowed-to-name. So drive very gently to Goodge Street.

sftfan1909

To escape the green belt I will relocate to Custom House as I believe bedroom tax is abolished after 1:21pm on weekends.

sftfan1909

Unfortunately jail does not welcome visitors so I have stepped into an alleyway and used my compass and paper plane to decide on a move to Barbican

Kilopylae

Applying Kennari equivalence (recently readded to the Standardised North-West System Rules after the pen-pushers at the distribution board removed it back in '03), we can use the red-letter jump and end up at Edgware Road (not that one; the other one).

cosmo

Aha! Edges aren't allowed under the Blunt Rule without drawing 5 blue cards, remember? I expect you to do so on your next turn.

I'll smooth this out by taking us up north to Ilford Road, which under North's Law I can do.

DerekC

Established Member
Sorry, but St Paul's is covered by the Musselburgh Convention. It can only be included in a move on Sundays in August when the year is divisible by seven. So I am afraid I will have to convert your move to Ickenham

DerekC

Established Member
Under Planck's Rules, in the circumstances of getting stuck on a high theme we can enter an alternative reality for one turn. So I call the never-actually-built station of Bushey Heath.

sftfan1909

Has the egg timer run out yet? If so then I believe I am justified in using a linear pincer move dated from 1952 and playing Mornington Crescent *crosses fingers and toes*

DerekC

Established Member
I am sorry, but I am going to challenge that. The linear pincer move was created under the previous monarch and I don't believe it has ever been given the the Royal Ascent under the current one - in which case the move will fail to achieve escape velocity, the arrester gear will kick in and you will find yourself in the bottom of a large hole at Plaistow

Status
Not open for further replies.