• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfortunately due to the new COVID immigration laws put forward by the Republic of Pimlico, I unfortunately cannot currently use the portable wormhole to exit outside of the area. Thankfully, I think my long-distance flying floppy disk might be able to flout these rules, but it only lasts for 1.44 miles, leaving me to glide down the remainder of my route to Oxford Circus.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I see no rights to diplomatic immunity in the rules. Back to Oxford Circus.

Mr. Opal wants to make sure everyone knows of Vauxhall's owner, so sent me to London City Airport using the Banned-On-Virgin 1800 Teleporter with software version 09.8t to catch a flight. Unfortunately, Virgin has noticed my teleporter and banned myself from travelling further afield than London, so Mr. Opal has rejected my offer and has stolen the BOV 1800 and replaced it with some stollen from Aldi.

BayPaul

Established Member
Being short on Mackrell, there is only one possible place for me to head... St John's Wood

backontrack

Established Member
I can't help but see an opening here. Given the recent appearance of Thameslink on the Map, and that St John's Wood enables a foray within the external zones, I will attempt a hesitant Rainham (Medway).

BayPaul

Established Member
Surely we're not accepting such a hideous piece of design as the new tube map as being anything other than permanent nid? I can't see that it meets Littleton's 84th ruling in any way? Balham to try to limit the damage

DerekC

Established Member
That's a challenge that should be taken seriously. Stovold is clear that updates to The Map can be vetted by the Council of the Somewhat Wise, but only in a full meeting at which the challenger must appear in person. However I note that a meeting of the Council can only be called on the second Tuesday after Nidd Sunday, which as all know only occurs once every twenty-seven years. I suggest we wait it out at Limehouse.

najaB

Veteran Member
Stovold is clear that updates to The Map can be vetted by the Council of the Somewhat Wise, but only in a full meeting at which the challenger must appear in person
If only it was the Council of the Wise, whose membership could be comfortably entertained by the current restrictions on groups of two or more meeting indoors (with some spare capacity), but unfortunately the Council of the Somewhat Wise exceed even the outdoors meeting limit of 15 (let's be thankful that it's not the Council of the Slightly Above Average Intelligence, who you would struggle to fit in Birmingham!)

As such, I propose that we move from Limehouse to Chalfont & Latimer in order to make some room.

DerekC

Established Member
Amersham is OK, but we can't stop long because it's our second visit there this thread and the P-number is approaching unity. Moving quickly along to somewhere less in the public eye, in case of disaster ... Langdon Park

Unfortunately, a teleporter has arrived with a fixed destination, so we hop in (hitting the maximum teleportation limit as per Rule 56.9 of the 1842 Rule Book, which unfortunately caught fire after scanning rule 56.98) and teleport to King's Cross, however his Saint hasn't showed up so unfortunately we cannot use Thameslink (see Amendment 8739.9 in the 1994 Amendments)

Peter C

Established Member
I'm a new player, but I've had a quick look at the Original Modern Rules - which I believe may apply in this situation - and I propose a move to East Acton?

-Peter

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Ahhh. A newbie. The latest version of the proceedings that I reviewed (published just now) indicated that a new player making a move defaults everything back to where we started.

Aldgate East.

Peter C

Established Member
I propose a move - thus leaving behind some very well-learned ropes - to Bayswater. That is, of course, assuming the move can be completed in an octagonal manner, as described in rule 3⅔, and that said rule applies Tuesday next, as is tradition in such situations.

-Peter

DerekC

Established Member
Ah - you fell into that one, octagonal or not. According to Stovold, a hint of royalty results in an instant move to Beckton where you miss two turns.

Loppylugs

Having changed ends at Beckton, I will complete my 8 hour turn and visit the Kings Head which stands on a plinth outside Tower Gateway.

Trackman

Established Member
Is that a Huff Ordinary or a Huff Global? You must make it clear.
I don't think you can be huffed with the the 48 minute 37 second rule (mods?), cannot be a global huff as we are still in February (and it's not a leap year) - all very sketchy, still learning the rules of ordinary huff rules myself.
Anyway back on The DLR to glorious Lewisham.

Spamcan81

I don't think you can be huffed with the the 48 minute 37 second rule (mods?), cannot be a global huff as we are still in February (and it's not a leap year) - all very sketchy, still learning the rules of ordinary huff rules myself.
Anyway back on The DLR to glorious Lewisham.

That move comes dangerously close to putting us all in Nidd. I will hurry therefore to Ladbroke Grove.

DerekC

Established Member
Who cares about Nidd anyway? I see a loophole, allowed under Brudermann's interpretation of the ancient Rule of Seven, which allows me to try for the Approach Direct - Euston (Northern Line, City Branch, Northbound). Now get out of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.