• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Challenge

Established Member
Gaming mixed my two turns, I shall get myself back into the game through Mill Hill East on a direct train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Bank.

That's not my move, I just want to be the Strongest Link this round.

Let's go to Canning Town.

Peter C

Established Member
The 1906 rules, particularly page 8⅞ rule 13.75, state that a grandsire triple must always be followed by a tri-tetrahedral move in a north-easterly direction to avoid potential disquiet amongst players. Therefore I shall play a move to Wimbledon Park.

-Peter

backontrack

Established Member
Clever. I'll add a double block at Chancery Lane.
Chancery Lane requires you pick a Chance(ry) card.

I've got one here and, apparently, your holiday fund immatures and has now regressed to wearing nappies.

I thought these cards were limited to London?

I've got one that says Hyde Park, and that's on the Sheffield Supertram?
Forgive me, I've handed you my SYPTE Top Trumps by mistake. Here you go.

The 1906 rules, particularly page 8⅞ rule 13.75, state that a grandsire triple must always be followed by a tri-tetrahedral move in a north-easterly direction to avoid potential disquiet amongst players. Therefore I shall play a move to Wimbledon Park.

-Peter
A nice choice between Overground and Underground presents itself here, but there's also a third option: Wombling Free.

Out of all the Wombles, it's Alderney who comes to mind when planning an onwards move, for obvious reasons. There's no tube station at Alderney, but Jimmy Carr stores his finances on Alderney, and he's from the Hounslow West area, so I think that's the best possible throw of the dice here.

Loppylugs

Ah, but which Horner are we referring to ? Is it Jemima or his twin brother Hermione ? I tend to lean towards the latter who was renowned for walking backwards to his local station at North Ealing.

DerekC

Established Member
I find Little Jack a much more reliable source than any of his descendants, and according to Stovold's interpretation of the 14th century text preserved in the Louvre the western end of the Piccadilly Line is closed to us on Sunday mornings, so a quick retreat to Barons Court is called for.

DerekC

Established Member
I have two more volumes of Garstang & Catterall's "Crescent Magicall" to get through to find the next valid move, but they are beginning to rattle their chains so I had better decide on something quickly - Woodside Park

A Challenge

Established Member
Unfortunately you appear not to have noticed this must actually be West Harrow as the wind couldn't take us that far.

DerekC

Established Member
Unfortunately, according to Zimmerman's 1948 dissertation, Nidd has the characteristics of a multidimensional Q-space, so avoiding it is a dynamic process which involves an updated calculation of the Epsilon value of the station aimed at, not more than 7 seconds before doors open. Unfortunately the Mayor of London had kippers for breakfast which gives Epsilon at Putney Bridge a value very close to the critical limit, so we need to head for somewhere safer. I think Hampstead should be OK.

Loppylugs

Unfortunately, kippers don't agree with the Mayor and after falling asleep en route (well you would with a kipper), he was last seen looking rather unwell on a parapet at London Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.