• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekC

Established Member
Oh dear. Well, despite the obvious risk of Nidd-space expanding via the new Thames Tideway Tunnel to fill the whole of Kent, we must go to Island Gardens to monitor the ebb tide, just in case.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
I've been pondering for a few days now, wondering where we should move to next. It's a tricky one, but seeing as any moves to the north would risk us breaching rule 8 of the 1602 (revised edition) rulebook, I'm thinking the only safe place is Waterloo.

-Peter

BayPaul

Established Member
I've been pondering for a few days now, wondering where we should move to next. It's a tricky one, but seeing as any moves to the north would risk us breaching rule 8 of the 1602 (revised edition) rulebook, I'm thinking the only safe place is Waterloo.

-Peter
I see your Waterloo and raise you Waterloo East

A Challenge

Established Member
Well I'll counter that with a quick walk to the other end of the platforms to Southwark

Loppylugs

Southwark, famous for an incident where "Shorty" Hargreaves failed to mind the gap. Fortunately he was hauled to safety by two other passengers but lost his trousers in the process. After changing trains at Baker Street (which raised a few eyebrows) he was later seen shopping for another pair of trousers at Shepherd's Bush Market.

DerekC

Established Member
I am shocked to the safety boots. Rule 1(a)(iii) makes clear that trouserless travel is a fundamental breach for which the penalty is permanent and irrevocable banishment to the Waterloo & City Line. On which basis I have no choice but to go in dudgeon to deepest Bank.

Peter C

Established Member
You raise a good move. I shall henceforth expand upon your turn through extended use of the 2003 (specifically, January-March) rulebook, which states, in rule 450, that any move to a 'drain' station must be immediately followed, with a maximum of a 15-day delay, by a move to Embankment, which I believe would fall within the regulations often used here.

-Peter

BayPaul

Established Member
I am shocked to the safety boots. Rule 1(a)(iii) makes clear that trouserless travel is a fundamental breach for which the penalty is permanent and irrevocable banishment to the Waterloo & City Line. On which basis I have no choice but to go in dudgeon to deepest Bank.
Just for what it's worth I believe that Barry Cryer successfully challenged that rule, on the basis that the nurses always steal your trousers....
I don't think that invalidates your move however, so I will continue from Peter C's Embankment, and take a fast service to Petts Wood.

DerekC

Established Member
Just for what it's worth I believe that Barry Cryer successfully challenged that rule, on the basis that the nurses always steal your trousers....
I don't think that invalidates your move however, so I will continue from Peter C's Embankment, and take a fast service to Petts Wood.
On a point of order, there is no evidence whatever that nurses were in any way involved in the initial detrousering. However I acknowledge the general validity of your thesis and having no particular wish to delay matters will move rapidly on to Mitcham Junction

Spamcan81

On a point of order, there is no evidence whatever that nurses were in any way involved in the initial detrousering. However I acknowledge the general validity of your thesis and having no particular wish to delay matters will move rapidly on to Mitcham Junction

An outrageous move! Gives me no alternative than to play a Fotheringay (District Line Rules - 1899 edition) and go to Earls Court.

DerekC

Established Member
If only you had been a little more up to date! Fotheringay's District Line Rules were declared contrary to the Geneva Convention as early as 1932 and would certainly now be subject to challenge under the Human Rights Acts of 1998 and 2004 as well as the Cruelty to Animals Act 1960 and probably the Street Drainage Act 1974. So I am afraid we cannot linger at Earls Court. To avoid local vigilantes we must move quickly to Galleons Reach

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
If you’re getting all legal, I raise the Metropolitan Police Act 1839 - Harlesden.

A Challenge

Established Member
Oak is a tree, so as treason was one of three crimes punishable with the death penelty after it was abolished for murder, and arson to her majesty's shipyards was another, we've found ourselves outside London at Dockyard in Plymouth

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oak is a tree, so as treason was one of three crimes punishable with the death penelty after it was abolished for murder, and arson to her majesty's shipyards was another, we've found ourselves outside London at Dockyard in Plymouth

That's an admin error (too much pea and ham soup apparently) - we should actually be at Royal Albert.

Spamcan81

If only you had been a little more up to date! Fotheringay's District Line Rules were declared contrary to the Geneva Convention as early as 1932 and would certainly now be subject to challenge under the Human Rights Acts of 1998 and 2004 as well as the Cruelty to Animals Act 1960 and probably the Street Drainage Act 1974. So I am afraid we cannot linger at Earls Court. To avoid local vigilantes we must move quickly to Galleons Reach

1899 is up to date enough for me so I'm (of to) Barking.

Ostrich

1899 is up to date enough for me so I'm (of to) Barking.
All this talk of woofers means I'll have to urgently buy new speakers, so a move to Osterley seems appropriate - unless it contravenes the Noise Emission Regulations 2001?

Loppylugs

All this talk of woofers means I'll have to urgently buy new speakers, so a move to Osterley seems appropriate - unless it contravenes the Noise Emission Regulations 2001?
I'm afraid it does. The only new speakers permitted (with silencers attached) are all accumulated at Hyde Park Corner.

A Challenge

Established Member
Surely the speakers are at the Marble Arch corner of Hyde Park, and therefore that is where we should be going?

DerekC

Established Member
Shadwell's OK but we need to liven up the game. I am going to call Christmas!* Time for all players to convene at Turkey Street.

under Fotheringhay's much-quoted 1899 rules, any player who believes in Santa Claus can make a Christmas call once per epic.

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Ah - the move direct! I sense a worthy opponent so some thought is needed. Stovold's Imperial Bypass move with sprinkles and cream on top should do it. Waddon Marsh. Now get out of that!!

Spamcan81

Ah - the move direct! I sense a worthy opponent so some thought is needed. Stovold's Imperial Bypass move with sprinkles and cream on top should do it. Waddon Marsh. Now get out of that!!
Hmm. Time to consult a little known work by Capt. W E Johns, Biggles Does the Underground and see what my aviator hero would do....................................
Said consultation advises me to turn my calendar back to 1935 and materialise at Bond Street.

DerekC

Established Member
That's superficially a very clever move, but a biplane would have trouble in the deep tube. I counter quickly with something less pretentious. Lewisham

Spamcan81

That's superficially a very clever move, but a biplane would have trouble in the deep tube. I counter quickly with something less pretentious. Lewisham

Biggles of course did the Underground by train so your Lewisham move is not as clever as you think. This leaves you wide open the the Hainault Loop turnback and I deposit myself at Hainault itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.