• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Dear all
Thanks to everyone who contacted the forum staff about the recent thread on Heritage Railway Operations Post-Brexit.
We've reached out to user @BigSteamyPhotos and they have kindly agreed that "coronavirus" should be spelt with at most 2 r's in future.

Whilst deleting all your duplicate reports on this subject, we were excited and surprised to hear once again from long dormant forum user @MrsTrellisNW, who writes:

Dear Elon
Who is this a photo of?

My friend Bernard says it's Matt Hancock, but I'm convinced it's Mariah Carey in a wig.

1610319542243.png

Please respond soonest.
Yours,
Mrs Trellis
North Wales

To recover from the shock of this exchange we've decided to propose a quick game of forum favourite quiz Mornington Crescent.

The Mornington Crescent Society recently published in their February 2021 magazine a simplified set of rules for play during lockdown. If you haven't received your copy yet, I'm informed that society president Mr D Trump has kindly linked a pdf version from his Twitter account.

There will be 3 teams, whose members will be decided once play has concluded. Each team starts with 2 hours and 15 minutes on the clock, with a bonus point awarded to the team with the most negative time remaining once the final letters have been drawn from the bag.

The game will start at Aldgate East. Good luck to all players!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
An interesting choice for the first station. Not one I'd have gone with personally but in any event how about something simple to follow on with?

Green Park

A Challenge

Established Member
I believe we need to use a convex diagonal in an early move, however I shall ignore the fact that this should be one: Hyde Park Corner

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
According to Hat Manock's "rule of 2", when exercising you are only allowed run (not walk) for 3 hours within a 20 mile radius of your next door neighbour's support bubble so that took me to Cockfosters.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
That's a good choice, and doesn't leave too many options.

Except, perhaps, for Alperton.

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
It should require no explanation at all in order to state the next move to Tooting Bec.

SteveM70

Established Member
Hmmmmm. Need to be careful here, it’d be easy to inadvertently get myself into Nip.

Preston Road

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
I'm not sure that under the current restrictions that the Welsh are eligible, even under the simplified rules and as I don't do Twitter I can't access the President to ask, but if it's allowed...

Clapham High Street

najaB

Veteran Member
I'm not sure that under the current restrictions that the Welsh are eligible, even under the simplified rules and as I don't do Twitter I can't access the President to ask, but if it's allowed...

Clapham High Street
I think I'll have to use the Berskevki defence and go for Euston Road.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
This is getting all too complicated. Maybe a simple move to Stratford. We’ve got to be careful here not to be seen cycling too far away from home.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
To and put an end to this nonsense and avoid us all ending up in Nid I'll play it a bit safer and go for Aldgate

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Nonsense, what’s nonsense? Can’t be upsetting the Monarch.

Kings Cross

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I'm quite new to this game, so the safe option for me now will be Tottenham Court Road.

CW2

Established Member
Even though I am afraid of awakening the ghost of Thatcher:
Finchley Road & Frognal

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Shivers down the spine, and miners on strike.

Burnt Oak.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The next move should therefore be obvious, I’ll pay the bail bond.

Bond Street.

Established Member
Whilst in East London it would be rude not to have a Covid exempt Cockney Knees Up......

Upney

Status
Not open for further replies.