• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I take my hat off to you with that move, but it’s a bit breezy today and it blew off into a graveyard. Just caught up with it, it’s Hatton Cross

SteveM70

Established Member
It’s times like this I’m glad we’re playing to Beck’s Schematic rules rather than Real Geography as it makes verticals an absolute nightmare to triangulate. But I think I can safely play Ruislip Gardens

najaB

Veteran Member
It’s times like this I’m glad we’re playing to Beck’s Schematic rules rather than Real Geography as it makes verticals an absolute nightmare to triangulate. But I think I can safely play Ruislip Gardens
@ainsworth74 - can we get a VAR call on that play, please? I think @SteveM70 may have been offside.

A Challenge

Established Member
In the meantime, I shall play Arsenal, as they'll have VAR so I shouldn't be penalised for a move via a Stadium during the hours before a VAR ruling comes through.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
@ainsworth74 - can we get a VAR call on that play, please? I think @SteveM70 may have been offside.

I've checked the rules and consulted the play by play replay in the Forum software and can confirm that Ruislip Gardens is offside so the move is disallowed and @SteveM70 is given a yellow daffodil and is in Nidd.

Last valid move was therefore Hatton Cross

In the meantime, I shall play Arsenal, as they'll have VAR so I shouldn't be penalised for a move via a Stadium during the hours before a VAR ruling comes through.

Sailing close to the wind with this move but thankfully the previous disallowance means you escape penalty. This time.

As a reminder we are at Hatton Cross

raetiamann

To escape the confines of Hatton Cross, I'm forced into an offset transitory uplift which would take me to PUTNEY BRIDGE.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
VAR is ruining this game. They will be letting women commentate on it soon. Games gone. Cant challenge or anything these days

Gillespie Road

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
And that's Numberwang! (Oh, sorry. Wrong game.) Off to Sloan Square we go.

As the above move has returned us to being shipshape, the next move will be to Pentagon's sister at Sloane Square.

Sloane Square

Hmmm. Interesting, and far be it from me to query a Global Moderator, but in normal play, as acknowledged by most players, there's no doubles, no shuffles, no Nidd.

Therefore, to get back on track, may I suggest Totteridge & Whetstone.

A Challenge

Established Member
This is the simplified lockdown rules though, I think they must have forgotten to include no doubles, and I was in Nidd!

Heathrow Terminal 4 (via international arrivals)

SteveM70

Established Member
This is the simplified lockdown rules though, I think they must have forgotten to include no doubles, and I was in Nidd!

Heathrow Terminal 4 (via international arrivals)

I presume we now have a compulsory period of quarantine. Which is even worse than being in Nidd

A Challenge

Established Member
Had we failed to roll a double three times then? I've rolled a 6, Marylebone.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
I’m going to play an inverse rotation in diagonal formation and move to Euston Square

Trackman

Established Member
I hear bad light has stopped play, so I urge everyone to switch to lager.
Maida Vale

DerekC

Established Member
I have just received the updated rules from gov.uk which invalidate all the last six moves, so I have no choice but to sample the outfall at:

Beckton

backontrack

Established Member
We've already paid one fine - what's one more?

Sudbury Town
Egads, young man! Such reckless intent!

You've wilfully thrown us off into southern Suffolk, thereby throwing the entire game into a state of limbo.

We're now in the wrong tier. As such, you leave me with no choice but to play Totteridge & Whetstone, lest we be snarled up in interminable Nidd! To quote the immortal Bard - I refer of course to William McGonagall - "The hills and vales of Nidderdale reverberate with Huff / I'd send us all to Hendon but I think I've had enuff." A worthwhile sentiment indeed. To the Northern Line we go; and may God have mercy on us all.

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Hmmm. Interesting, and far be it from me to query a Global Moderator, but in normal play, as acknowledged by most players, there's no doubles, no shuffles, no Nidd.

Therefore, to get back on track, may I suggest Totteridge & Whetstone.

We're now in the wrong tier. You leave me with no choice but to play Totteridge & Whetstone. And may God have mercy on us all.

Been there just a few moves ago. Think we're going round in circles.

I'm going to declare Mornington Crescent. <:D

backontrack

Established Member
Been there just a few moves ago. Think we're going round in circles.

I'm going to declare Mornington Crescent.

NOT SO FAST.

I've just consulted my almanac.

It didn't say anything, because it's a book - books can't talk - but after some careful scanning of its pages, I noted the lack of any unencumbered entrance into the Camden area by way of the High Barnet branch, even after a return visit.

This a relic of historical days - whereby the High Barnet branch, when the almanac was first drafted, was connected up to Finsbury Park rather than the Northern Line - as it was part of the Northern Heights network. Even within lockdown this remains the case.

Far be it from me to contain your flair for the game, but I do believe you've got your diagonals out of joint. In fact, the way anyone could think Mornington Crescent is valid from Totteridge and/or Whetstone is - quite frankly - a headscratcher in itself. Don't even get me started on the lack of Camden camels...

backontrack

Established Member
I fear we're going to need an administrative intervention here, unless we can sort this out amongst ourselves. Mornington Crescent is most certainly not valid - at least not this early in the game - but a solution to this impasse is also needed. I'm quite happy to retract Totteridge & Whetstone if need be.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Maybe things would be better with a chance of an escape… Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3.

DerekC

Established Member
As quizmaster, you should really know that declaring a location on a loop can create conflict between Rules 17 and 43. In order to avoid Neidermeir's resonance condition which puts everyone into irreversible Nidd I have no choice but very rapidly to move to Fairlop

I now wait breathlessly for the necessary four minutes to see if disaster has been averted (Note: this loop balancing move is believed to have been invented by IKB himself.)

Status
Not open for further replies.