• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
I believe that lets me out onto the national network (as long as I stay within the Borough of Lewisham) , so I will take us to Lee.

DerekC

Established Member
No, no, no. You all know perfectly well that main line excursions on St Angela's Day lead only to trouble. As expected we limp back to Bounds Green firing on only eleven cylinders.

najaB

Veteran Member
You fell into a trap there! Cockfosters (Mornington in 17)
That's a big loop this time - right back to post #4!
According to Hat Manock's "rule of 2", when exercising you are only allowed run (not walk) for 3 hours within a 20 mile radius of your next door neighbour's support bubble so that took me to Cockfosters.
Ravenscourt Park as an attempt to break the loop since non-Euclidean moves are allowed.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
By some strange burst of thermonuclear energy caused by a rather large overdose of lutein I find myself at Barons Court.

DerekC

Established Member
A mistral blew over South West Ten
Till the train pulled out of Mondragon sur Lez
As the points changed back towards High Street Ken(sington).

DerekC

Established Member
A gamma ray burster has disrupted services on the Piccadilly Line so I am forced down below the speed of light on my way to Great Portland Street.

A Challenge

Established Member
Below the speed of light - that means I can't go very far this time, Regents Park

BayPaul

Established Member
Taking the shortest possible route in the circumstances to avoid crossing the diagonal (via Jubilee line, h&c, Pic, Central and DLR) to HERON QUAYS

A Challenge

Established Member
Custom House for Excel former Nightingale Hospital, to get that crow its vaccination.

DerekC

Established Member
I think you will find that Stockwell has been forbidden since Henry VIII lost his trousers there in 1946. So I am afraid we will have to apply the Boleyn reversion and head for Tower Hill to await our doom.

BayPaul

Established Member
I worry that new players may be ghosting this thread, wanting to join in, but worried that their cry of 'St James's Park' would be met with derision, so I'm going to explain this move carefully. The last move was a clever one, putting us in spoon (Spoon, as we all know, being a corruption of Spain, no doubt based on the distinctive shape of the Iberian peninsula). Also, I am restricted to a move below the diagonals here. I can feel your concern, surely that forces me to play Waterloo! In fact Waterloo East would be a better move here, for reasons too obvious to explain, but you've forgotten one thing! The west facing bay at Tower Hill! Following my reasoning so far? So, with it being a Tuesday, and given the extensive Kings Cross work, we arrive, blinking into the light at
STAR LANE

Loppylugs

I think you will find that Stockwell has been forbidden since Henry VIII lost his trousers there in 1946. So I am afraid we will have to apply the Boleyn reversion and head for Tower Hill to await our doom.
Well I am truly shocked. I always thought this occurred in 1948. I reckon it is better to get Henry out of there before the axe falls and head off to Barons Court.

najaB

Veteran Member
Well I am truly shocked. I always thought this occurred in 1948. I reckon it is better to get Henry out of there before the axe falls and head off to Barons Court.
Unfortunately, since it's neither a leap year, nor the second Sunday after a full moon, that move is disallowed as it has already been played:
By some strange burst of thermonuclear energy caused by a rather large overdose of lutein I find myself at Barons Court.
So the only logical move is to seek the security of a Swiss Cottage.

Master Cutler

I worry that new players may be ghosting this thread, wanting to join in, but worried that their cry of 'St James's Park' would be met with derision, so I'm going to explain this move carefully. The last move was a clever one, putting us in spoon (Spoon, as we all know, being a corruption of Spain, no doubt based on the distinctive shape of the Iberian peninsula). Also, I am restricted to a move below the diagonals here. I can feel your concern, surely that forces me to play Waterloo! In fact Waterloo East would be a better move here, for reasons too obvious to explain, but you've forgotten one thing! The west facing bay at Tower Hill! Following my reasoning so far? So, with it being a Tuesday, and given the extensive Kings Cross work, we arrive, blinking into the light at
STAR LANE
Perhaps spotting the obvious error regarding the Kings Cross reference I'm claiming Trumpington's Variations and opting for Hounslow West.

DerekC

Established Member
If I may say so, that's a pretty transparent move. It I respond with an Immelmann turn as you so clearly expect it will cause fluctuations in the Z-field which will draw me into the maelstrom. Fie to you! Shoreditch High Street - let that be a lesson.

Master Cutler

Hoping nobody spotted that, so my only strategy is to initiate the inverse counter retreat and reform the modified eastern approach with Upminster Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.