• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A Challenge

Established Member
We appear to be stuck on an RRB here, so a slow move to Golders Green seems advisable

Hey 3

We get a bus to Elstree & Borehamwood
(*Looks*)
Due to industrial action, this bus service will be late and replaces with a minibus.

Spamcan81

I will ignore the blatantly provocative move to the Netherlands and keep it simple with a move to Acton Central or Centraal for our Flemish speaking friends.

backontrack

Established Member
I will ignore the blatantly provocative move to the Netherlands and keep it simple with a move to Acton Central or Centraal for our Flemish speaking friends.
Ah, that completes our Acton Triad, which means we now enter the powerplay period for the next six overs.

A cover drive towards the sightscreen at London Fields provides a handy opportunity to rotate the strike. Samantha's just informed me that there's two balls left.

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
An Acton Triad is one of the lesser-played double-hexagonal-upturned-swaps - good work @Spamcan81. Following on from the above move to London Fields, I propose a tetrahedral-multi-quad-square move to Finsbury Park. This is allowed under the 1946 (published 1923) rules, but only if the fifty-eighth move following this is a north-westerly circular movement in a diagonal direction.

-Peter

A Challenge

Established Member
The first move of those will be to Essex Road

Unfortunately, due to electric failure on the way at the changeover to DC leaves us stranded at Drayton Park

Peter C

Established Member
I assume you mean the yet-unopened Barking Riverside? Under the 1999 (extended 2000) rules, a move to an unopened station (or a location which could be interpreted as such) must always be followed by a short hop to Oxford Circus.

-Peter

backontrack

Established Member
I assume you mean the yet-unopened Barking Riverside? Under the 1999 (extended 2000) rules, a move to an unopened station (or a location which could be interpreted as such) must always be followed by a short hop to Oxford Circus.

-Peter
As I'm well aware :) because that sets me up for...

MORNINGTON CRES- oh, sorry, I've been flagged offside by Mike Dean. I guess that sends me back to Homerton.
Never mind.

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
As I'm well aware :) because that sets me up for...

MORNINGTON CRES- oh, sorry, I've been flagged offside by Mike Dean.
Never mind.
:lol:
I assume then, having had a quick look at the 2013 rulebook, I can now play a move to Embankment? Although, having said that, the 1956 rules may negate this: I've not read them in a while.

-Peter

backontrack

Established Member
I assume then, having had a quick look at the 2013 rulebook, I can now play a move to Embankment? Although, having said that, the 1956 rules may negate this: I've not read them in a while.

-Peter
You can indeed, but I'm afraid you now owe me rent. With two houses.

Loppylugs

-Peter
Apparently the 2013 rulebook was revised by Theo and Thelma Thistlethwaite as they celebrated their thirty third wedding anniversary in The Bull after a move to Theydon Bois in 2019.

Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Apparently the 2013 rulebook was revised by Theo and Thelma Thistlethwaite as they celebrated their thirty third wedding anniversary in The Bull after a move to Theydon Bois in 2019.
I think it was, yes - didn't they originally live in Lewisham?

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
We use a ship to get out of Cutty Sark, and get a Thames Clipper to Gallions Reach
A ship to leave a ship; a novel idea and one not seen since that famous game of 1934 which ended in a tetracontagonal move from Cutty Sark to Barking. I propose a move to Epping.

-Peter

Hey 3

At Epping, we get a bus to Harlow Town station, to get away from London and get a train to Stansted Airport station to get a flight

backontrack

Established Member
But unfortunately, you have been stumped again and we get the Northern Line to Mornington Crescent
A valiant attempt! Unfortunately, you forgot to say Uno, so not only is it invalid, but now you also need to pick up four cards as well.

Spamcan81

But unfortunately, you have been stumped again and we get the Northern Line to Mornington Crescent

Sorry but you overstepped the crease so that is an illegal delivery as defined in Wisden (Morning Crescent version 1931). Thus we go to Kennington.

DerekC

Established Member
Sorry, this game has a PG Certificate so no further moves in that direction are to be made, on pain of a summons to the Chief Mod's study. I am going to hide myself away behind a bollard at Pontoon Dock

Spamcan81

Sorry, this game has a PG Certificate so no further moves in that direction are to be made, on pain of a summons to the Chief Mod's study. I am going to hide myself away behind a bollard at Pontoon Dock

Well now, that's a subtle move. I will head for Rotherhithe.

backontrack

Established Member
A Mr D. Albarn of West London has suggested that we take a drive to Primrose Hill, because it's windy there and the view's so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.