• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
Unfortunately, we're now lost on the Westway.

Westbourne Park should stabilise affairs.

DerekC

Established Member
It will take a bit more than that! If we reduce the gain in the primary control loop and add some damping from a handy watering can we might just get down below the parachute threshold and touch down safely at somewhere like Arnos Grove. Damn! Forgot about Rule 17(b). Get me out of here quickly before the mods notice.

Hey 3

We take a Piccadilly Line train to London St Pancras International and change for the Eurostar. Fortunately we get out our passports on time to get the Eurostar to Amsterdam Centraal.

DerekC

Established Member
Sorry - invalid move! Stovold makes it quite clear that the Piccadilly Line can only be used northbound on Wednesdays. I apply the obvious recovery algorithm which shows Harold Wood as the only safe place to go.

Peter C

Established Member
Is a pentagonal-reverse-upturned-swap from Harold Wood to Chiswick Park in line with the revised rules of 1905? I don't know if it is or not as my copy of the rules was nicked by some bloke in one of those new-fangled motor-cars: they'll never catch on.
I'm going to play it safe and go for Victoria.

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
Ah yes - how silly of me. Keeping the royal theme, we'll go to Queen Victoria's favourite holiday destination - Finsbury Park.

-Peter

Hey 3

We are need of a holiday to Paris, and so we get a Victoria Line train eastbound and change at Tottenham Hale and get Stansted Express train to Stansted Airport

Spamcan81

We are need of a holiday to Paris, and so we get a Victoria Line train eastbound and change at Tottenham Hale and get Stansted Express train to Stansted Airport

You now have to miss six moves as stipulated in the Bleriot convention 1912 protocol. While you wait it out on the naughty step, I will shuttle off to Ravenscourt Park.

Spamcan81

At Ravenscourt Park, we head to the rivers at Bromley-by-Bow

You've not missed six moves yet so another invalid move. Have you no regard for the rules? While the successors to Stovold consider theor adjudication, I will leap to Caledonian Road.

DerekC

Established Member
Whilst leaping is not now expressly prohibited under the fourteenth protocol (how I hate these modern changes) it is still generally considered bad form amongst those old enough to appreciate the finer points of the game. I register a protest whilst proceeding most reluctantly to the only allowable destination of Bounds Green.

Spamcan81

Whilst leaping is not now expressly prohibited under the fourteenth protocol (how I hate these modern changes) it is still generally considered bad form amongst those old enough to appreciate the finer points of the game. I register a protest whilst proceeding most reluctantly to the only allowable destination of Bounds Green.

I ignore your protest and will bound over to Bounds Green also to challenge you to a duel.

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
Duelling was outlawed in the Empire under the Fourth Council of Hounslow West in 1215, but in case you haven't caught up with this recent change in the rules I have donned my musket-ball-proof combos and made a quiet move to Chesham*.

- secret message - in fact I have moved to Cheshunt but I am hoping @Spamcan81 won't know the difference.

Last edited:

Spamcan81

Duelling was outlawed in the Empire under the Fourth Council of Hounslow West in 1215, but in case you haven't caught up with this recent change in the rules I have donned my musket-ball-proof combos and made a quiet move to Chesham*.

- secret message - in fact I have moved to Cheshunt but I am hoping @Spamcan81 won't know the difference.

That's a cop out if you ask me so I'll sidle off to Caledonian Road for a beer and a curry while I study Stovold (1973 revision) for a ruling on secret messages.

DerekC

Established Member
Phew! Studying the 473 pages and 14 annexes of Stovold should calm things down a bit. Meanwhile it's a lovely day. I'm off to the seaside. Island Gardens.

Loppylugs

The water's a bit choppy this morning. I'm going to lose that queasy feeling with a lie down and a Stovold revision manual over my head at St. James's Park.

DerekC

Established Member
East Acton. Now if I have counted right that's seven Category "A" stations in a row, in accordance with the Jameson Classification System as accepted by the IMCGA for premier tier games. So I get four bonus points and a "Get Out of Nidd Free" card.

DerekC

Established Member
I hope you gave the required thirty days' notice of intention to cross the Thames by way of Kew Railway Bridge. The Tardis once materialised there which means that great care has to be taken to avoid a discontinuity in space-time. Feeling a little nervous, I move at reduced speed to Ealing Broadway.

Status
Not open for further replies.