• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MTR Crossrail Trainee Driver (Multiple Locations)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Anyone waiting for Abbeywood had any contact recently?
Next year I was told due to corona and backlog of current training group..,so it’s a waiting game ..just gotta stay positive...heard nothing since last message in March

Last edited:

EvoUK

Any members of BD37, 38 or 39 on this forum?

PM me please. A few questions regarding current status of training.

Bobby4126

Anyone heard from HQ this year yet? I haven’t been able to get hold of recruitment for an update regarding trainee driver intake schedules as yet...

silverstar

They sent emails to those in talent pool around November time saying that a course would most likely start around the middle of 2021 at the earliest due to covid. Said they would send another update around January time.

EvoUK

On a positive note; the last of the existing driver training groups (which had training paused last year) have begun returning to full-time training, with the final group to resume full-time training in the next couple of weeks (I believe).

Last edited:

id799862

C2C has recently advertised for Trainees. LNER has advertised for Trainees. So many opportunities in London.

EMR is also advertising for Trainees.

Firestarter

C2C has recently advertised for Trainees. LNER has advertised for Trainees. So many opportunities in London.

EMR is also advertising for Trainees.

You need to Work for EMR and or be a depot driver for EMR to apply

Stigy

Established Member
You need to Work for EMR and or be a depot driver for EMR to apply
I haven’t read the whole advert, but the criteria to apply says it’s open to all EMR employees who are over 21 and live within an hours commute of Boston?

Crazyb

On a positive note; the last of the existing driver training groups (which had training paused last year) have begun returning to full-time training, with the final group to resume full-time training in the next couple of weeks (I believe).
BD 37 are out at the moment, none of the others yet...Personally there is a lot going on, including training their own qualified drivers.... I cant see them taking anymore trainees for a long while, maybe for wastage in the future.

The East depots have long waiting lists for transfers, so no jobs on the East...

Bobby4126

The recruitment team only seem to be there certain days... I have tried calling about 15 times throughout the day can can never get hold of them.

EvoUK

The recruitment team only seem to be there certain days... I have tried calling about 15 times throughout the day can can never get hold of them.
As far as I am aware, majority of HR staff are working from home atm. Not sure if phones are being manned.

Probably best to email them if you have any queries.

EvoUK

I recently heard that the next training group are due to start sometime July 2021. Anyone on here lucky enough to be part of that group?

hi, I hope I'm not talking out of turn but I'm just about to start my assessment stage 1 with MTR next week and was wondering if anyone would kindly give any advice or pointers for what to expect as this job would really mean the world to me and badly want to get through it.

These are the tests I'm expected to take.

• The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
thank you in advance

Charlie9649

hi, I hope I'm not talking out of turn but I'm just about to start my assessment stage 1 with MTR next week and was wondering if anyone would kindly give any advice or pointers for what to expect as this job would really mean the world to me and badly want to get through it.

These are the tests I'm expected to take.

• The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
thank you in advance
Good morning, if you follow the book and practice then the day it’s self isn’t too bad. The only thing I would recommend is to buy a mock group bourdon test book from Amazon this really helped me practice as the more you do it the better you get and faster as the writing is quite small. When you get to the actual day the writing is a lot bigger so it makes the test a lot easier. Also I know it is about speed as well as accuracy and it may sound stupid but don’t rush and you will be fine. I am starting training on the 19th July with MTR myself. Good luck

Sizmahmood

Has anyone in the talent pool had any updates? Applied for abbeywood depot. Been in the talent pool since dec 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.