• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery Class 313

Status
Not open for further replies.

class717

I'm assuming this is the network rail 313, any idea what it's doing and what coaches it's losing/gaining at Bowes Park? Can't seem to find a diagram after this one from Watton at Stone either.

Thanks for any help in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jonny

Established Member
I'm assuming this is the network rail 313, any idea what it's doing and what coaches it's losing/gaining at Bowes Park? Can't seem to find a diagram after this one from Watton at Stone either.

Thanks for any help in advance

The gains/loses coaches doesn't always happen, so it could be a red herring. I would take a guess at something run using 313121 as it was re-purposed as an ERTMS/ETCS test unit. That would account for it being described as "Empty Non-Passenger Stock".

There are also these that could be onward workings, the first one looks like a test train:

This could be a return working once the testing is done (and is 5Z14):

class717

Thanks for your help, it appears to have dissapeared at Hertford North overnight! I was thinking where it may go after Watton as both of it's platforms were to be used by services later on in the night before it moved again. I wonder where it ended up!

bramling

Veteran Member
Thanks for your help, it appears to have dissapeared at Hertford North overnight! I was thinking where it may go after Watton as both of it's platforms were to be used by services later on in the night before it moved again. I wonder where it ended up!

It reversed via Hertford North platform 1 and then headed back to London, presumably to Ferme Park from whence it came.

I think the losing coaches at Bowes Park would have been an error in the timetable data.

Class315

The unit enters the Test Track Section from Molewood to just before Bragbury Junction, The late evening Down Stevenage services go Bi-directional from Molewood to Bragbury or Langley South junctions, I did last week and will again tomorrow as the unit is going into week 2 of 3 of overnight testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.