• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail interview response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam1888

Hi, first post on here!
I had an interview with network rail 3 weeks ago an I’ve still not heard back, the job was for track inspection technician. I thought I’d of heard back by now, I’ve been in touch with NR HR office and they didn’t really have a timescale answer.

does anyone know how long it takes?

thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
No-one knows really! I’d keep pestering them once a fortnight if I were you.

marty1977

Welcome to the world of railway recruitment!! It's painfully slow in normal times. I've heard of people waiting a few weeks to hear from NR, conversely I know someone who waited 4 months. I would drop them an email every few weeks until you hear back. Good luck.

Sam1888

Thanks for your replys! I got in touch and they said as it had been over 3 weeks they would give the hiring manager an email asking him to let everyone know the outcome, that was yesterday and I’ve not heard anything back, I’ll email once every couple of weeks to check up. Thanks guys

Trollied

Thanks for your replys! I got in touch and they said as it had been over 3 weeks they would give the hiring manager an email asking him to let everyone know the outcome, that was yesterday and I’ve not heard anything back, I’ll email once every couple of weeks to check up. Thanks guys

Hi Sam. Have you heard anything back yet? I had an interview on the 11th November and still waiting for a response. Admittedly, it's only been 3 weeks tomorrow, but still an anxious wait, lol. I've emailed resourcing who said it can take up to 3 weeks, from when the hiring manager sends off the interview answers.

Sam1888

Hi, I’ve not heard back, I got in touch once it had been 3 weeks and they got in touch with the hiring manager, he replied and they forwarded it to me (basically said he’d been really busy due to staff being off due to COVID) and he will get round to marking the interview soon, it’s now been just under 5 weeks and still nothing. I’m the same as you very anxious about the result as for me it would be life changing. What position was yours for?

Trollied

Hi, I’ve not heard back, I got in touch once it had been 3 weeks and they got in touch with the hiring manager, he replied and they forwarded it to me (basically said he’d been really busy due to staff being off due to COVID) and he will get round to marking the interview soon, it’s now been just under 5 weeks and still nothing. I’m the same as you very anxious about the result as for me it would be life changing. What position was yours for?
Sorry for the delayed reply, Sam.

Ah, that will also probably be the same for me too, I'd imagine. Was 3 weeks Wednesday, but I'm doubtful I'll hear before this side of Christmas now.
Mine would also be life changing, only a Track Maintence Operative, so a lower grade than you, but will still be an improvement in salary and a career, that I'd honestly love.
I wish you all the best mate.

abslom001

Hello everyone. I’m new here. I did my online interview with network rail since July 2020. The Job was for customer service assistant and still haven’t gotten no response from them. Pls does anyone know how long is gonna take to hear back from them? Thanks for your assistance!

LCC106

Established Member
I’d get in touch if I were you. That’s a very long wait even in railway terms.

abslom001

Pls do you have any idea how I can get in touch with them? Because the respond I got after the interview

“Great job! You have successfully completed your video interview for the Customer Service Assistant - Please do not reply to this email. We will get in touch with you shortly regarding next steps”

LCC106

Established Member
It's such a vast organisation I have no idea! Try and get some contact details for the region you applied to and go from there.

It’s a surprise that you have managed to apply for a Network Rail job without creating an online account for their recruitment website.
It’s a very good site and gives ways of contacting them as well as general information about your application. Have you been keeping an eye on your Spam etc to make sure you didn’t miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.