• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network rail staff now get priv travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Will FOC’s ever get this or is there no chance?
I'm sure it would be available if the FOCs are willing to pay the "right" price. Perhaps DRS might be able to wangle it seeing as they are government owned.

But very unlikely to actually I'd have thought - it wouldn't have enough value to most staff given that it would have to be in lieu of some or all of a payrise.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pdeaves

Established Member
I suspect it is and always has been possible.... For a price.
Maybe, maybe not. I 'made a fuss' at a previous employer about travel facilities for non-protected staff. I was promised that enquiries would be made, leading eventually to a statement that RDG said it wasn't possible. Now, that was a long time ago and things might have changed, and the response may have been an untrue fob-off. Naturally, things could have changed since then anyway.

Trackman

Established Member
I'd update the thread title from:

Network rail staff now get priv travel​

to

Network rail managers now get priv travel​

zwk500

Veteran Member

to

Point of pedantry - if it's Bands 1-4, although they are the 'management' grades, bands 4 and 3 include a large number of people who are not managers.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member

to

No, Network Rail Bands 3 and 4 contain a large number of non management staff.

By all means title it NR Grades 1-4…

Spartacus

Established Member
Part of the justification for BR travel facilities was so staff could travel around and get a better idea of how the railway operated. Does anyone think this will help reduce silo thinking by NR staff who may rarely if ever use a train?

I know in other departments that the cost of tickets has been a major factor in us not being able to explore the network that we're responsible for as we'd like . Where I am now it's just time.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
I know in other departments that the cost of tickets has been a major factor in us not being able to explore the network that we're responsible for as we'd like . Where I am now it's just time.

Be careful of the tax trap! PRIV is for Leisure only...

Status
Not open for further replies.