• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Networkers stored at Beckenham Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D7666

Do you have access to train performance data in order to back up your claim?
I'd ask the same question.

All 46x have DC traction current caps at 5000 (?) Amp so that should equalise performance.

amwells

Hi, this thread is great, thank you for the info.

I have a few hours on Saturday available and still have 20% of the 465/466 fleet to see and was wondering where the best place to park myself would be. Was thinking Bromley South - would be great to get local perspective as I haven’t lived in London for over 20 years (hence the challenge!!).

Cheers

Veteran Member
Both are correct.

There were both new bodies on old frames for some Subs, or others with old bodies on new frames.
Old bodies (2 - or 1-and-a-bit - cobbled together) on new frames were standard SR practice.

The new bodies on older frames I can think of were the BR-era Bulleid-style 56xx 2-EPB/HAP which were steel-panelled (probably some 4-SUB trailers too, but I'm not up on those).

Milo T.K

Had someone from govia tell me none to be scrapped. Apparently there's word going round they may come back though in a couple of years

amwells

Fingers crossed! I imagine the ones for warm store have already been stood down, though... Can anyone confirm? Hopefully the Beckenham Three will still be there.

Brought the trip forward by a day and just saw the one I needed, thanks to this thread

Class 466

Established Member

Now that there is room at the inn, the units at New Beckenham Siding are heading back to Slade Green Depot. Probably best to keep discussion on the future of two of those three units on the other thread on here.

Roast Veg

Established Member
It was always going to be based on unit reliablilty rather than any particular subclasses or anything.
I assume (rightly or wrongly) that the reason storage is not on a per-rosco basis is because it's SE led and temporary?

Status
Not open for further replies.