• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New book about the St Ives branch line

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardlong

I’m very pleased to announce that my new book “The St Ives Branch Line: A History” will be published by Pen & Sword Books this summer.
Contains a full history of the St Ives branch from the nineteenth century to the G7 Summit. Includes around 120 stunning photos, mostly in colour, of the line through the ages. 60,000 words plus a foreword by broadcaster Tim Dunn.

Available to pre-order now: https://uk.bookshop.org/a/811/9781399002004

BB175FAF-3AE2-41EA-B1E0-19D1181FB884.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richardlong

Finally it’s arrived! ‘The St Ives Branch Line: A History’ is available to order NOW from Pen & Sword and will be available very soon from all good booksellers.

Attachments

• 6A444827-DB33-4C96-9E18-A352E17CC814.jpeg
    6A444827-DB33-4C96-9E18-A352E17CC814.jpeg
    570 KB · Views: 5

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Finally it’s arrived! ‘The St Ives Branch Line: A History’ is available to order NOW from Pen & Sword and will be available very soon from all good booksellers.

Good luck with it! If I was still in business I'd have stocked a copy or two, and will almost certainly order one for myself anyway. I hope Pen and Sword do a better job with photo reproduction than is sometimes the case.

richardlong

Good luck with it! If I was still in business I'd have stocked a copy or two, and will almost certainly order one for myself anyway. I hope Pen and Sword do a better job with photo reproduction than is sometimes the case.

Thank you! I’ve received my author copies and I’d say they’ve done a good job of the photo reproduction - I’m very happy with it’s how it’s turned out.

John Luxton

Established Member
Had hoped to pick up a copy from the Ffestiniog Railway shop at the weekend as they stock a large selection of P&S titles.

Will order one this week online.

The St Ives Branch was the very first GWR branchline I travelled on back around 1966/7 as a youngster.

It holds a very special place in my affections.

For a few years my parents rented a self catering holiday flat at St Ives and though we travelled by car my parents indulged my railway interest with frequent trips to St Erth during our stay.

We later started staying elsewhere in Cornwall and Devon but I still used to take the odd trip perhaps every 10 years or so. My last trip was early 2010s but must make a point of a run when I am down again in September.

It's just St Ives and the branch gets so darned busy these days I tend to carry on to Pz instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.