• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New CalMac ferry arrives at Mull

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlevel42

The new Cal Mac ferry is going to arrive at its home port of Craignure on Mull.

Loch Frisa (ex Utne) is arriving shortlyafter being at Rosyth for adaptations via Montrose, Scrabster and Kyle of Lochalsh.
Coruisk, which it will be replacing, will be arriving at about the same time - a one off opportunity to compare sizes?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
I'm not entirely up to speed with this, is she a direct, albeit much slower replacement for the Isle of mull or is she working alongside her as additional capacity and inevitable breakdown cover

Do we know what modifications babcock's made to her in rosyth?

thejuggler

I'm not entirely up to speed with this, is she a direct, albeit much slower replacement for the Isle of mull or is she working alongside her as additional capacity and inevitable breakdown cover
There is a two ferry shuttle to Mull during the summer. Isle of Mull +1 other which has been Loch Coruisk.

Strathclyder

Established Member

Loch Frisa (ex Utne) is arriving shortlyafter being at Rosyth for adaptations via Montrose, Scrabster and Kyle of Lochalsh.
Coruisk, which it will be replacing, will be arriving at about the same time - a one off opportunity to compare sizes?
Shows how out of the loop I am with CalMac that I wasn't even aware of the Frisa's arrival until now.

She is replacing the Coruisk as the route's second vessel during the summer season. The Coruisk will return to Mallaig and to her original route (Mallaig - Armadale), which will be welcome news to the locals there (quite a far cry from her very shaky start to life in 2003).

Established Member

Found this video on YouTube of the arrival. The Loch Frisa does look quite a bit smaller than the Coruisk.

Southsider

Found this video on YouTube of the arrival. The Loch Frisa does look quite a bit smaller than the Coruisk.
I believe she carries 34 cars as opposed to 40 on Coruisk so a cut in capacity on the route. I guess beggars can’t be choosers which is where CalMac are at the moment.

unlevel42

Coruisk left Craignure at 0905 with her crews vehicles onboard going west bound for Mallaig.

unlevel42

Coruisk arrived Craignure at 1305 to fill in for the Isle of Mull now west bound to help out with a replacement service for Hebridies which is now in Greenock for repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.