• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Carto Metro map - Grand Paris map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogmi

Franklin has just uploaded a new map online – The Grand Paris map - a multi transport interactive map of Paris
This is a preliminary first edition that it is under development
A bonus is that there is also an option to switch to night mode (I rather like this :) )

Left click on any station to bring up a menu, which includes:

Selecting various maps

Displaying the area on Google / Bing maps

Next departures

The Grand map is a major new work, and lot of hard work from Franklin. Please have a look at it and play around. Franklin will be happy to receive any comments, feedback etc.

https://cartometro.com/multi-paris/

A google translation of the page gives the following details:

Detailed map * of Greater Paris transport (Metro, RER, Tramways, Trains)

This card indicates, for the metro, RER, tramways, and other SNCF lines:

• The actual layout of the lines, with switches, garage tracks.
  • The position of the stations and their platforms.
  • Stations that are closed or have never opened.
  • Service tracks and tunnels and inter-line connection.
  • Maintenance workshops.
  • Level crossings.
  • Network extension projects.
  • the opening dates of the sections.
  • The missing tracks.
  • The next train passages, station by station *** ( online map only )

Current version: 0.1 (September 22, 2020)
Last update (s): First preliminary edition

Map under development, proofreading in progress! Contributions are welcome.

For exploratory purposes, two versions are available: light (traditional) and dark (night mode).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rebmcr

Established Member
Superb!

I am once again reminded of the time I took an RER from Gare du Nord to La Plaine–Stade de France, which didn't stop there because it was an express to CDG. Then on the way back I walked from La Plaine–Stade de France to Front Populaire... which is not a choice I can recommend to anyone who cares for their personal safety.

37201xoIM

Agreed: this is a thing of beauty (depicting what is in any event a fascinating network).

Rogmi

The Grand Paris map has had some changes in stages since it's original upload as v0.1 in September.
The current version is the fourth preliminary edition (v0.4) of 13 December, and includes the extension of Line 14. It has also been extended to include more SNCF tracks.

The map is still in development (it hasn't reached the final v1.0 yet :s ) and Franklin welcomes any feedback (see the bottom of the linked page for email address)

Status
Not open for further replies.