• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Night train from Madrid Chamartin to Ferrol or Bentanzos, probably via A Coruna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
Night train from Madrid Chamartin to Ferrol or Bentanzos number 75, leaves after 22.00 apparently, does anyone know if it still runs, or has anyone been on it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
No, obviously Coruna was the main stop and Ferrol just an afterthought-or maybe what one calls ´political´ service-Ferrol (formerly called El Caudillo) was and is the main Spanish navy port-about like Plymouth for you?
I´ve done it a year of 4-5 ago, not from Madrid but halfway from Leon, having gotten there on the 1/day tiny FEVE narrow gauge tramtrain, and using it along the coats again back to Bilbao from Ferrol. That was a Talgo with the usual quite used and not too shiny anymore interiors-I think I was the only one in that carriage to get on all the way to Ferrol. Station at Leon was all closed off, but a guard on duty let me in after explaining my silly purpose and showing ticket etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.