• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

NIMBY Rails released today

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

Established Member
This has become my new 'doodle game' for dull meetings and 'phone calls. Enjoy this completely ludicrous Isle of Wight metro system that would make even the wildest crayonista wince!
What no Ventnor - Ryde - Portsmouth - London - Glasgow - Inverness - Orkney service?

This is wear the developer answers questions directly on discord

You do need to be registered though

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This was my first thought when I discovered the game. Is there a way to import any real world railways, or do we have to work from scratch?
No, but some people have made railways and shared the save file. I do have the entirety of Scotland if you want me to give it to you. Note you will need quite a number of mods! (including one I made)

whoosh

Established Member
Has Boris been playing this with his ideas for Stranraer to Belfast?!

Worm

Seems like an interesting game, is it WIndows only or would it be able to run on Linux also using Steam and Proton?

D365

Veteran Member
Seems like an interesting game, is it WIndows only or would it be able to run on Linux also using Steam and Proton?
Good question, only one way to find out!

Incidentally, I’ve just erased Windows from my ”gaming PC” as I needed the second SSD elsewhere. Would try NIMBY/Proton out for myself, but working 9-5 on the railways is plenty enough for the time being :lol:

Worm

Good question, only one way to find out!

Incidentally, I’ve just erased Windows from my ”gaming PC” as I needed the second SSD elsewhere. Would try NIMBY/Proton out for myself, but working 9-5 on the railways is plenty enough for the time being :lol:
I don’t think my PC will run it unfortunately, it has 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a 3.3 GHz i5 processor, but the let down is that I only have Intel graphics I don’t have a dedicated GPU.

I don’t think my PC will run it unfortunately, it has 16GB of DDR4 RAM and a 3.3 GHz i5 processor, but the let down is that I only have Intel graphics I don’t have a dedicated GPU.

Darandio

Established Member

I wouldn't write your system off for this game to be honest. There isn't a great deal graphical as it's mostly a world map overlay similar to ordnance survey. Intergrated graphics is also listed as the minimum requirement.

D365

Veteran Member
Have you considered a basic graphics card e.g. GTX 1030? That would be plenty enough for this game.

Trackman

Established Member
Have you considered a basic graphics card e.g. GTX 1030? That would be plenty enough for this game.
I only have a 2GB GT710 due my old 980ti going bang.
I cannot buy a decent graphics card for love nor money these days due to 'the great graphics card famine'.

@Worm Looking at the specs, it will run on Intel HD 5000 onboard graphics.

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
My specs are well below the minimum required and it still runs on my machine, though pretty slowly once my network grows to a decent size.

D365

Veteran Member
I only have a 2GB GT710 due my old 980ti going bang.
I cannot buy a decent graphics card for love nor money these days due to 'the great graphics card famine'.
I run a Gigabyte (Nvidia) GTX 1650 which I purchased up for £170 at scan.co.uk. More than capable enough for running even heavy simulations (Cities Skylines). If you need something a bit more powerful than a 1030, I'll bet that 1050s are very cheap now.

Status
Not open for further replies.