• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Devon trip planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs 32475 and I are planning a week in North Devon in the early autumn. From a railway point of view, can anyone recommend former (closed) LSWR stations and infrastructure which can still be seen or even any old stations which can be stayed in? The L&B will obviously be on the agenda as will the Lynton & Lynmouth Cliff Railway. Yours in anticipation, 32475

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cymroglan

I wonder whether any local museums in the general Withered Arm area have any railway related stuff? I remember in the Autumn of 2019 finding fascinating Somerset & Dorset railway models and exhibitions in both Blandford Forum town museum and in the Sturminster Newton equivalent. The Blandford one even had a Hornby WC class carrying the town’s name. I seem to recall that version was only available for a short time? It was good to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.