• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Complimentary Return Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Apologies if this has been asked before but I have a Northern Complimentary return ticket , when I fill in my origin and destination do I have to do that journey only or can I break my journey as many times as I like at various stations in between the origin and destination as normal return would permit

Many thanks for any help much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, break of journey is permitted at any intermediate station.

HSP 2

Just remember to fill in your return date on your day out and you can break that journey as much as you want.

nedchester

Established Member
Just remember to fill in your return date on your day out and you can break that journey as much as you want.
You DO NOT have to fill in the return date on these tickets. The last one I used had 1 year and 5 months between outward and return.

HSP 2

You DO NOT have to fill in the return date on these tickets. The last one I used had 1 year and 5 months between outward and return.

IMG_3520.JPG

I could be reading the T & C wrong but.
.3 mentions (" within date and stations"). I read that as both dates should be filled in.
.5 is a bit ambitious in that it only mentions "the date of travel".
.6 is the one that could be used for misuse of not having any date printed on the pass. (" or if it is used without a date being printed").

I would have thought that would have been very luck to have got away with that if a RPO had seen your pass. As by the sounds of it you had not filled in your return date.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
View attachment 100682

I could be reading the T & C wrong but.
.3 mentions (" within date and stations"). I read that as both dates should be filled in.
.5 is a bit ambitious in that it only mentions "the date of travel".
.6 is the one that could be used for misuse of not having any date printed on the pass. (" or if it is used without a date being printed").

I would have thought that would have been very luck to have got away with that if a RPO had seen your pass. As by the sounds of it you had not filled in your return date.
Nowhere does it say you must fill out the return date before making your outward journey. It's as simple as that.

If you made either leg without dating the relevant box, then yes of course you'd be in trouble. But not for making the outward journey without dating the return.

nedchester

Established Member
Nowhere does it say you must fill out the return date before making your outward journey. It's as simple as that.

If you made either leg without dating the relevant box, then yes of course you'd be in trouble. But not for making the outward journey without dating the return.
Agreed.

I used a few of these and never been asked to fill in the return half. As I say above there is no limit to the time between outward and return and nor is there a time restriction which is particularly handy.

dave87016

Established Member
Thanks for all your help it’s much appreciated I have 2 and me and my mate are doing a pub crawl travelling from Preston and going todmorden , hebden bridge , Sowerby Bridge and Halifax and returning the same day

HSP 2

What I was going on was what is on the back and one of my experiences when the guard insisted that I fill in the return date (but this was just after they had been introduced).

Status
Not open for further replies.