• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Conductor recruitment last January at St James stadium Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitey

Hi, I attended this after applying for a conductors role based out of Middlesbrough, there was a 4 day recruitment for posts all over the North, I was successful and put in the pool but the clock is ticking, With less than 2 months left of the 9 we can stay in the pool has anyone moved forward from just being told that you were being put in the pool???? I was quite proud of myself getting put through to the pool then bloody Covid came along and everything stopped, Just want to get started !!!!!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kadot

My 9 months expired. I passed the second interview and I'm back in a pool again waiting to start.

Whitey

They are recruiting again for conductors for Newcastle and Middlesbrough today so imagine you will be through soon @Whitey
when you say recruiting do you mean advertising and putting a trawl out for applications or are they having interviews today???

My 9 months expired. I passed the second interview and I'm back in a pool again waiting to start.
its just so frustrating especially with Covid thrown in for good measure
ARGHHHHHHHHH

train-safe

when you say recruiting do you mean advertising and putting a trawl out for applications or are they having interviews today???

its just so frustrating especially with Covid thrown in for good measure
ARGHHHHHHHHH

The application process just started today,

Whitey

Just found the ad for conductors out of middlesbrough. it seems to be slightly different, it now states 12 weeks training
The application process just started today,
Just found the ad for conductors out of middlesbrough. it seems to be slightly different, it now states 12 weeks training whereas it was 6 weeks we were told before, the starting salary is a bit lower as well, am I being cynical to think they are going to let us guys recruited in January just run out of time so we have to reapply under the new terms as it seems strange to recruit when they have people waiting surely, I have sent an email to Personnel to ask if I should just reapply now? so e will see what happens

LCC106

Established Member
I personally think it would not be unreasonable to request they extend the time allowed in the talent pool in line with the amount of time everything has been on hold due to COVID.

SLV

The salary isn’t lower, nothing has changed there - you may have seen adverts for west based conductors that are slightly higher (just under £1000 more). East and west have different t&c’s which is the reason for this.

The training time also hasn’t changed, as you have applied for the North East, you will sign significantly less traction so it will be take less time eg 2 trains instead of 6-9 like larger depots.

Time to pass out has always been advertised as 12 weeks, they rightly told you at interview it takes less time generally for North east conductors.

Hopefully you hear back from your email soon.

Whitey

The salary isn’t lower, nothing has changed there - you may have seen adverts for west based conductors that are slightly higher (just under £1000 more). East and west have different t&c’s which is the reason for this.

The training time also hasn’t changed, as you have applied for the North East, you will sign significantly less traction so it will be take less time eg 2 trains instead of 6-9 like larger depots.

Time to pass out has always been advertised as 12 weeks, they rightly told you at interview it takes less time generally for North east conductors.

Hopefully you hear back from your email soon.
Thanks

ToonSupa123

Just found the ad for conductors out of middlesbrough. it seems to be slightly different, it now states 12 weeks training

Just found the ad for conductors out of middlesbrough. it seems to be slightly different, it now states 12 weeks training whereas it was 6 weeks we were told before, the starting salary is a bit lower as well, am I being cynical to think they are going to let us guys recruited in January just run out of time so we have to reapply under the new terms as it seems strange to recruit when they have people waiting surely, I have sent an email to Personnel to ask if I should just reapply now? so e will see what happens
Hi did you get any sort of reply? Think I was at the assessment day around about the same time. In the same boat as yourself. Sitting in a pool.

Whitey

Hi did you get any sort of reply? Think I was at the assessment day around about the same time. In the same boat as yourself. Sitting in a pool.
the reply I got said that the people that have been affected by the covid and missed out will be getting interviewed again, it didn't say when but my time runs out in the middle of October so hopefully then.

Whitey

So email arrived today saying hopefully medical in the next three weeks then course starts early december, its been a long wait but seems like I am getting there

Kadot

So email arrived today saying hopefully medical in the next three weeks then course starts early december, its been a long wait but seems like I am getting there

I'm in the same boat. May see you in December :)

Arie2020

Hi is anyone starting October 12th ? I’m looking forward to it but really nervous with all the new covid rules I just don’t want to get delayed !

Kadot

Hi is anyone starting October 12th ? I’m looking forward to it but really nervous with all the new covid rules I just don’t want to get delayed !

Although I'm not, best of luck. Keep us updated as to what the course consists of.

Whitey

Well just a got a heads up from Northern that I have passed the medical and I will be contacted soon with contract and salary etc so back to the waiting game , although they did say that I might be on a course by early December

ToonSupa123

Well just a got a heads up from Northern that I have passed the medical and I will be contacted soon with contract and salary etc so back to the waiting game , although they did say that I might be on a course by early December
Do you know where your course is taking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.