• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Counties Transport Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czesziafan

Does anyone know anything about the Northern Counties Transport Society please? History? Dates of existence?

I have in my collection an enamel badge of this organization featuring a blue class 47 locomotive. Looks to be from the 70's I would guess but I can find very little information about the society itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
have you read this thread? It gives some history

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Does anyone know anything about the Northern Counties Transport Society please? History? Dates of existence?

I have in my collection an enamel badge of this organization featuring a blue class 47 locomotive. Looks to be from the 70's I would guess but I can find very little information about the society itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
John Wade, a long serving member is about to set up a website along with 6 other people dedicated to NCTS. I was a committee member in the late 1970s. John runs Heritage Shunters Trust in Rowley Derbyshire. I am sure he would welcome contact. I have put a link for HIM here - Heritage Shunters Trust | News | Loco's | Shunters

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Big update just happened today

coach NCTS.jpgAnyone recognize the location. This is going to be posted on the website probably this week. the photo was taken by John Wade of Heritage Shunters Trust and is in the 1970s. That is me in the doorway of the coach with a camera out of view slung over my left shoulder. Does anyone know the location please - records are scanty?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.