• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern M - Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi all I would like to apologise for appearing to be an idiot for asking what to most is a very simple question

Yesterday I bought 7 northern family and friends tickets for Saturday using the PIN codes

I intended to pick them up from the booking office as per their T & C’s as northern ticket machines are down but TOD wasn’t provided as a option so after several messages sent to and several replies from northern it appears TOD from booking offices is not an option so I purchased them as a m- ticket

Can some one be kind enough to guide me through the process of these tickets will it be one ticket or 7 different ones ? And how do 7 people with get through barrier gates with their tickets on my phone ? If I download the tickets onto my phone does this activate them or are they downloaded to my phone and then I activate them on Saturday ( the day of travel )

Many thanks in advance for any help and I apologise for coming across like a simpleton I very much prefer paper tickets and never used a m ticket before

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Can some one be kind enough to guide me through the process of these tickets will it be one ticket or 7 different ones ?

I believe it will be seven tickets.

And how do 7 people with get through barrier gates with their tickets on my phone ?

You scan each individual ticket one at a time. As you scan each ticket the gate will open & one friend can pass through. Alternatively speak to the gateline staff & if it's easier for them they may just usher you through.

If I download the tickets onto my phone does this activate them or are they downloaded to my phone and then I activate them on Saturday ( the day of travel )

AFAIAA you activate them on the day. Shortly before departure but before arriving at the platform.

Veteran Member
AFAIAA you activate them on the day. Shortly before departure but before arriving at the platform.
I've just learnt how to use the app so...

Download the tickets.

Tap on View Tickets - each ticket appears as outward and return and then as "ticket" - looking rather like a card ticket - and "barcode"

You need to tap on the barcode* screen to activate it before you board or reach the barrier. Ditto on the return.
(*it isn't strictly a barcode, but that's a word that's well understood)

dave87016

Established Member
As they are northern family and friends day ranger I presume I will only need to tap it once regardless of how many trains we travel on during the course of the day

Veteran Member
As they are northern family and friends day ranger I presume I will only need to tap it once regardless of how many trains we travel on during the course of the day
If it doesn't have a "return half" then you can only validate it the once :)

Status
Not open for further replies.