• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern talent pool 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onthetoon

Hi all, hope everyone is good. I know its been done before but just wanted to see an up to date list of people currently in a talent pool for northern regardless of what the job role is. I have just been currently placed in the talent pool for a conductor role.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

csa99s

Hi all, hope everyone is good. I know its been done before but just wanted to see an up to date list of people currently in a talent pool for northern regardless of what the job role is. I have just been currently placed in the talent pool for a conductor role.
I’m not in the talent pool yet but I am waiting for a medical for driver in Manchester.

LokiB

Yeah I got put in the pool for a conductor role at the start of December.
I've got my fingers and toes crossed I get offered something before the 9 months expires.

Jg932459

Which station did you apply for?

Onthetoon

Yeah I got put in the pool for a conductor role at the start of December.
I've got my fingers and toes crossed I get offered something before the 9 months expire
Same here its driving me mad! It doesn't seem like there is many currently waiting in the talent pool but not heard of any conductor courses been ran recently either.

I’m the same; waiting for a medical for the same position
Do they do it the opposite way with drivers? medical first then put in a pool?

Miffa

Hi, I was put in the talent pool in June 2020 for conductors position. Got an email last week giving me a start date in March with a medical at the end of this month.

a little worried about the medical as I’m overweight (but dieting well!) have high blood pressure (seeing doc next week to help with medication to get it down)

does anyone know how hard/easy it is to pass the medical? Or any general advice would be appreciated!

LokiB

Hi, I was put in the talent pool in June 2020 for conductors position. Got an email last week giving me a start date in March with a medical at the end of this month.

a little worried about the medical as I’m overweight (but dieting well!) have high blood pressure (seeing doc next week to help with medication to get it down)

does anyone know how hard/easy it is to pass the medical? Or any general advice would be appreciated!
Congrats bud. What station is it?
I've seen some pretty large conductors ove the years mate, I think it more with how mobile you are but I've not had the medical yet so can't confirm that one way or another.

Miffa

Congrats bud. What station is it?
I've seen some pretty large conductors ove the years mate, I think it more with how mobile you are but I've not had the medical yet so can't confirm that one way or another.
Thanks! Sheffield station. You say you’ve not had the medical yet? Do you have one booked or are you in the talent pool?

LokiB

Thanks! Sheffield station. You say you’ve not had the medical yet? Do you have one booked or are you in the talent pool?
I'm in the talent pool. Hoping the lockdown isn't going to ruin my chances of getting a position.

Miffa

I'm in the talent pool. Hoping the lockdown isn't going to ruin my chances of getting a position.
That’s what I thought. Had my zoom interview in July so it does take them a while. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on?

AAA

Has anyone heard of any movement ie any courses getting planned ? Really hope to hear soon.

The only courses I've heard about is 1st March and 14th March apart from that nothing. Was kind of hoping that there would be some courses in april and may. How long have you been in the pool for and which depot.

LokiB

Same as AAA, hopefully with the potential easing of lockdown the number of training courses will start to increase and fingers crossed we'll get put on one.

Digbyrail

The only courses I've heard about is 1st March and 14th March apart from that nothing. Was kind of hoping that there would be some courses in april and may. How long have you been in the pool for and which depot.
Hey, I got put in the pool in December for Liverpool. I have heard that a course maybe happening in April. I really hope it happens for us all, just so worried that that we don’t get allocated one before the 9 months.

Red Devil

Hey, I got put in the pool in December for Liverpool. I have heard that a course maybe happening in April. I really hope it happens for us all, just so worried that that we don’t get allocated one before the 9 months.
There's 25 trainees at Liverpool waiting for or partway through training. I've heard.

AAA

Hi, 25 ? That seems a lot waiting, do you know when them 25 are from? What intake? Do you feel they will need that many? Not feeling hopeful now.
Is that not for or including drivers? I heard there was big backlog for drivers but not conductors. Stay positive Digbyrail!

Red Devil

My bad. I should have read original post. Yes that's 25 driver's.
Guards seem to be getting through at a steady pace at all depots in the NW. Once again patience is the watchword

LokiB

Anybody had any updates regarding any conductor training courses starting up? All seems pretty quiet on here at the moment.

RailLady

Anybody had any updates regarding any conductor training courses starting up? All seems pretty quiet on here at the moment.
I’d go speak to your the TOC. They would have better insight about the recruitment for the depot you applied for. :)

LokiB

I’d go speak to your the TOC. They would have better insight about the recruitment for the depot you applied for. :)
I'm not wanting to pester them to be honest. It was more of a general enquiry to see if any other on the forum had heard anything.

RailLady

I'm not wanting to pester them to be honest. It was more of a general enquiry to see if any other on the forum had heard anything.
I wouldn't worry about that. Fair enough they might not have an update. But its their job to answer the recruitment queries. :)

Miffa

I should have started on 15th March but my hearing aid wasn’t ready. All done now and just waiting on a new start date. I was told that it would probably be 7tth June but not confirmed yet.

jack785

Does anyone know whether they normally offer you the opportunity to re-interview should your talent pool place expire?

From a talent pool resident who is getting ever closer to the dreaded kicking out date!

Edit - For Conductor

Last edited:

RailLady

There’s no guarantee that you would be reinterviewed.
Talent pool email says if you expire, you reapply. “no guarantee that you will be selected for interview. Interviewed are based on a good application”

no guarantees.

Last edited:

jack785

There’s no guarantee that you would be reinterviewed.
Talent pool email says if you expire, you reapply. And from emails I’ve had, it’s “no guarantee that you will be selected for interview. Interviewed are based on a good application”

no guarantees.
Thank you, I'd read some posts on here regarding re-interviewing, but I guess the reasoning behind this was probably Covid delay related rather than standard practice.

Cheers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.