• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - Train Driver Apprentice - Leeds, York, Sheffield (23/12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreacleMiller

There will be more than me in the talent pool for Sheffield, probably similar for Leeds too. Just be patient. It feels like you've been forgotten about especially when they don't answer emails. Lner did the same to me but I had my interview today after months of silence....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bobbydavro

Anyone else at the assessment tomorrow?

Completed the assessments successfully so looking forward to a start date now. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Which assessments did you do exactly?
Group bourdon and the tones i know are standard. What others did you have to do? Cheers...

Bobbydavro

Slinky252

I'm still waiting like yourself.my portal still says 'application under consideration.'

I'm fairly certain that given all the time passed that I'll have been unsuccessful. I'd be very surprised if I was to go forward now.
Hi,

I was under consideration for two years with west Mids, put application in June 2020. I had a couple of emails back saying basically don’t worry we will get to you , it did not say that but to that a
Effect. And March this year it’s started to move. I’ve just done stage 1 tests. If your under consideration your still in the process. It is a waiting game, you will get your chance.

TreacleMiller

Cheers. Hey i forgot to ask, did Northern send you any practice papers/tests before the assessment day? I hear some TOCs do.

All TOCs will send you the RSSB practice material which has not changed since 2016. Some of it is useful, the rest not so much.

Newapplicant

Just had the dreaded email from Northern telling me I've not made the cut at papersift stage. :(

Absolutely gutted but expected it I guess. I'm not sure what else I can give in terms of my application.

Poonhead83

Just had the dreaded email from Northern telling me I've not made the cut at papersift stage. :(

Absolutely gutted but expected it I guess. I'm not sure what else I can give in terms of my application.
Unlucky mate, mainline isn't the bee all and end all. Why not keep an eye out for a Depot Driver I've been doing it for 5 years now. Great money varied shifts and can drive 8 different types of Traction and no day is ever the same. Plus would give you a good foot in the door if you still fancy going mainline.

Newapplicant

Unlucky mate, mainline isn't the bee all and end all. Why not keep an eye out for a Depot Driver I've been doing it for 5 years now. Great money varied shifts and can drive 8 different types of Traction and no day is ever the same. Plus would give you a good foot in the door if you still fancy going mainline.
Already one step ahead of you.. I'm in for that too!

Mainline driving is my end goal I won't lie but I don't having a few detours along the way as long as it's benefiting where I'm going ;)

Canonite

Congrats to all those who got through to the talent pool. I made a complete mess of my DMI before I even started….left my ID and proofs in the car didn’t I. Not a good start for a driver. Lesson learned.

The actual interview itself went really well, I actually felt like they were asking me questions as if I was already in role. There was one or two questions I hesitated on as I’d not prepared a scenario so it did give me some vital DMI experience for next time.

Anyone applying, check and double check you have everything you need. Don’t be worried, they were really nice and easy to get on with. Don’t give up and keep going.

Anyone have a start date from these Roles advertised in December 2021 ?

Raikkonen7

Congrats to all those who got through to the talent pool. I made a complete mess of my DMI before I even started….left my ID and proofs in the car didn’t I. Not a good start for a driver. Lesson learned.

The actual interview itself went really well, I actually felt like they were asking me questions as if I was already in role. There was one or two questions I hesitated on as I’d not prepared a scenario so it did give me some vital DMI experience for next time.

Anyone applying, check and double check you have everything you need. Don’t be worried, they were really nice and easy to get on with. Don’t give up and keep going.

Anyone have a start date from these Roles advertised in December 2021 ?
Sorry to hear it didn’t go as planned. Good experience for when you next have a DMI though. I start August 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.