• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern - Trainee Driver - Leeds & Newcastle (04/08/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

reecerjones

Northern have started advertising for Train Driver vacancies on the apprenticeship in Leeds and Newcastle, closing on 12/08/2022

Good luck!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ollie_hobbs

Interesting to see the Leeds vacancy open up so soon again.
I'll give it another shot, thanks

ollie_hobbs

Don't forget the 6 month window for reapplying though.
@skyhigh Ah yeh, does this apply if I got to the interview stage but I was not progressed further?
For some reason I thought it was just if I failed psychometric.

Is it in writing somewhere on the website? Thanks

Last edited:

Canonite

I had a DMI for this role with Northern in Sheffield a few months back, would I need to redo the tests again?
I’m sure it said they are used for the following 6 months

ollie_hobbs

Do you know the rough time scale?
I was looking through notification history on the Northern candidate portal;
My last application for the Leeds Driver role I applied on May 20th (applications ended May 27th) and on the 1st June I was invited for an interview.
This was surprisingly quick but it will depend on how many people apply and how keen they are for a new person to start.

So at a rough guess I'd say maybe a week after applications close? Might not be anything to go off but better than nothing. We should get an alert saying our application is being screened - once we get this email it shouldn't be too long, as we haven't had this yet it will likely be longer than before.

WBFC345

I was looking through notification history on the Northern candidate portal;
My last application for the Leeds Driver role I applied on May 20th (applications ended May 27th) and on the 1st June I was invited for an interview.
This was surprisingly quick but it will depend on how many people apply and how keen they are for a new person to start.

So at a rough guess I'd say maybe a week after applications close? Might not be anything to go off but better than nothing. We should get an alert saying our application is being screened - once we get this email it shouldn't be too long, as we haven't had this yet it will likely be longer than before.
Thankyou for this, I’ve applied for newcastle but haven’t received any notification to say that my application is being screened as of yet, vacancy closed last Friday, have you applied for newcastle or leeds?

ollie_hobbs

Thankyou for this, I’ve applied for newcastle but haven’t received any notification to say that my application is being screened as of yet, vacancy closed last Friday, have you applied for newcastle or leeds?
Leeds for myself, will let you know if there's any updates.

Driver068

Newcastle vacancy list for drivers is still open for internals, due to close tomorrow (Friday) - this maybe the reason to why you have not recieved any notifications as of yet.

dakta

Does anybody know how long it usually takes to hear back?

A few weeks to a few months in my experience, i chucked an application in i wont be remotely concerned about a response until 12th of next month

driver recruitment always goes at its own pace

Canonite

I had email this morning saying unsuccessful for Leeds. Didn’t even make the first sift! Lol
The application was the exact same as the one for Sheffield, but on that one I got all the way through to the DMI, so it just shows how varied it can be and not be downhearted if you don’t make it through.
Leeds is 54 mins away so I didn’t expect to get through but I had nothing to lose in trying.

I mention this as it’s always worth applying as we see often people make the exact same application, fail the first sift then give up. We also see people who don’t give up who go on to be successful.
Just keep going, tweak the application if need be and keep learning how to improve.

WBFC345

I had email this morning saying unsuccessful for Leeds. Didn’t even make the first sift! Lol
The application was the exact same as the one for Sheffield, but on that one I got all the way through to the DMI, so it just shows how varied it can be and not be downhearted if you don’t make it through.
Leeds is 54 mins away so I didn’t expect to get through but I had nothing to lose in trying.

I mention this as it’s always worth applying as we see often people make the exact same application, fail the first sift then give up. We also see people who don’t give up who go on to be successful.
Just keep going, tweak the application if need be and keep learning how to improve.
I thought the Leeds vacancy was still live? Seems awfully quick to find out

skyhigh

Established Member
I couldn't find this anywhere in the vacancy text, or in the application. Could you point towards where you saw that?
Sorry, I missed this. It definitely used to be policy and stated on vacancies. It might have changed now!

I thought the Leeds vacancy was still live? Seems awfully quick to find out
They are being very firm on the 45 minute rule at the moment as an initial sift. To be honest 54 minutes was never going to work so I'm not surprised it was quickly filtered out, especially if that's off peak (they seem to be looking on Google Maps for the range of journey times at 0800 and taking the average time given)

Status
Not open for further replies.