• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Trainee Drivers - Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulN

Hi all Northern offering trainee driver jobs in Newcastle follow link to their site: Good luck

northern.engageats.co.uk

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaulN

Thanks!

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you all!!
re: tips be you and be your best... and get your application in early there is lots of useful bits and bobs in these forums and the web in general and lots of practice tests and tips to get you up to speed you tube has some good stuff also good luck :)

Last edited:

Emilali

This was posted in another thread recently. Do you have a source for this or are you just repeating what you've seen elsewhere? As far as I am aware, Northern require standard passes.

I’ve sat the tests with Northern recently so can confirm from my own experience Northern are enhanced passes.

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
I’ve sat the tests with Northern recently so can confirm from my own experience Northern are enhanced passes.
Thanks

I'm not casting any doubt on what you are saying at all but I also sat them with Northern this year and I was told they require standard passes, so either one of us has been told the wrong thing or it's very recently changed - it would be good to find out which is true.

Emilali

Thanks

I'm not casting any doubt on what you are saying at all but I also sat them with Northern this year and I was told they require standard passes, so either one of us has been told the wrong thing or it's very recently changed - it would be good to find out which is true.

I was told when I sat them that they changed it earlier this year.

Cyclist

Put in an application, have been rejected for this multiple times before but worth a try

Efini92

Established Member
Thanks

Northern used to require enhanced passes but they changed to standard in about 2014. I’m not aware they have ever changed what they require since then.

Class-jnr

I can confirm having recently sat the assessment, at the start the assessors advised the group that Northern do require enhanced passes this was July 2020.

Owen2323

Looks like it's been pulled by being over subscribed. Good luck everyone and get the application in quicker next time if you've missed out.........

Route G

First post on here, been lurking for a while. I applied back in December 2019. Unfortunately due to Covid I was informed the position was withdrawn. Fingers crossed second time around and good luck to those who have applied.

Last edited:

Sebby

Good luck to everyone. A friend applied for a post in leeds/hull and is still waiting to hear back regarding application.
I sat the psychometric in august and it was to an enhanced standard.

Michael1985

This was posted in another thread recently. Do you have a source for this or are you just repeating what you've seen elsewhere? As far as I am aware, Northern require standard passes.

I recently sat the psychometrics for Northern (August 2020) and con confirm that they require enhanced standard across the board.

Owen2323

Oh well that's me knocked back at the paper sift stage! I'm quite surprised as I thought my application was quite strong on paper. Good luck to anyone who's got through to interview

Oh well that's me knocked back at the paper sift stage! I'm quite surprised as I thought my application was quite strong on paper. Good luck to anyone who's got through to interview
Do you live within 45 mins of Newcastle central station on google maps??

Status
Not open for further replies.