• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northern Unit Refurbishments

skyhigh

Established Member
Think it's only drivers at York depot that signs them so they can move them between the North East and Neville Hill for Maintenance, and then I don't think it's the whole depot.
Most of the moves are done by ROG now. York drivers don't sign Neville Hill so would need a route conductor anyway.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

td97

Established Member
The Class 769 digital program starts in September this year, with the cascaded 156's running alongside starting in October (possibly during refresh but still to be awarded).
The Class 319's will not get digital trains fitted as they are all going off-lease at the end of this year.
Presumably this has been delayed in terms of 156s and 769s? (original post from 2023)

sjm77

Did I see a West Midlands livered EMU trundle through Deansgate earlier today? Was it the first 323 to be transferred from West Midlands to Northern or are my eyes playing up? If I am correct I guess it hasn't yet been refurbished because surely it would be given the Northern livery at the same time.
I had the mis-fortune to travel on an unrefurbished C156 recently, it made me appreciate the good job Northern has done with refurbs on the C156 ever more!

Phillipimo

Did I see a West Midlands livered EMU trundle through Deansgate earlier today? Was it the first 323 to be transferred from West Midlands to Northern or are my eyes playing up? If I am correct I guess it hasn't yet been refurbished because surely it would be given the Northern livery at the same time.
I had the mis-fortune to travel on an unrefurbished C156 recently, it made me appreciate the good job Northern has done with refurbs on the C156 ever more!
You probably did see that. I saw 2 ex-West Midlands 323's out of Piccadilly on Thursday, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread or another that they've entered service.

Liam L

Did I see a West Midlands livered EMU trundle through Deansgate earlier today? Was it the first 323 to be transferred from West Midlands to Northern or are my eyes playing up?
I think it would of been 323208 :D

323220 is also out on the Stoke Services today

Mollman

Established Member
There have been two 323s parked at Preston for a while, one West Midlands orange, the other Northern livery

Geeves

Established Member
That'll be 212 and 239 since the middle of last week :). All the details are in this thread

diligentdave

It’ll be for a C Exam to relieve pressure on Newton Heath
All Northern units will now undergo C4 Exams at Heaton only. The sheds at Newton Heath are about to undergo major roof work which will limit existing capacity for everyday service and exams so the C4 area has been closed permanently. 150124 is only going for some additional work on the power bogies so shouldn't be there all week.

SC318250

Apologies this is off topic, but if anyone in Wolverton, could they pm me or post here or another thread on what work is getting done on Scotrail unit 156456 please. If it is pm’d to me then I will keep it confidential unless told I can lost detail
Thanks

diligentdave

Apologies this is off topic, but if anyone in Wolverton, could they pm me or post here or another thread on what work is getting done on Scotrail unit 156456 please. If it is pm’d to me then I will keep it confidential unless told I can lost detail
Thanks
Same scope of work that's being done to the Northern 156's at Wolverton. C6, CSO (continued service operations) including rectification of corrosion.

Will this be 156469 or 156482 please?

Edit: or perhaps something else entirely as it says 'empty non passenger stock'