• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Northumberland Line to be re-opened to passengers

bramling

Veteran Member
Regarding Manors, I used to live in the area and had no idea the old station was still there, one morning I was out for a walk and stumbled across it, I honestly thought it was abandoned, very run down, it still had working pay phone on the wall.

It's one of those central yet oddly remote places, despite a huge amount of student development around it, I doubt most students are even aware it is there.

For most people Manors means the Metro station, I have even known people swear blind the rail doesn't exist anymore.

The metro station isn’t exactly heavily used either. It can be quite eerie at times.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The metro station isn’t exactly heavily used either. It can be quite eerie at times.
Indeed, it's mainly a haunt for ne'er do wells who want to avoid the inspectors in town.

I used it now and then to visit a mate on the coast, but it was horrendous in the evening, in the end I used to get the bus.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Indeed, it's mainly a haunt for ne'er do wells who want to avoid the inspectors in town.
Not so much anymore because of all the new student flats and the Northumbria University business school. It did used to be though.

The railway station is almost impossible to find. It really is forgotten. It’ll be interesting if they do stop the Northumberland Line trains there.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Not so much anymore because of all the new student flats and the Northumbria University business school. It did used to be though.

The railway station is almost impossible to find. It really is forgotten. It’ll be interesting if they do stop the Northumberland Line trains there.
They’ve definitely said alternate trains will call, it’s been mentioned a few times recently in this thread. The calls are in RTT from the June timetable change, although the whole service is still marked ‘runs as required’.

So is there any indication when we can expect services to start without some of the stops