• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Notice in toilets on EMT/MML 125s

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
I just had a return trip from STP to Nottingham using intercity 125 stock which were very good indeed.

Did some of the carriages for EMT come from Virgin? I ask, because when using the look, although there were no audible announcements, there was a note, saying words to the effect of, as well as only flushing paper down, don't flush nappies, your ex's sweater etc, which you get in some VT loos. I did no know EMT did that too. It must have been an oldish carriage as there was the note, not to use it when in a station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LeeLivery

Established Member
No, EMT and VT are both (at least partly) Stagecoach operated. In fact, I believe no Virgin operated HST has been given to the Midland since Midland Mainline days.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I just had a return trip from STP to Nottingham using intercity 125 stock which were very good indeed.

Did some of the carriages for EMT come from Virgin? I ask, because when using the look, although there were no audible announcements, there was a note, saying words to the effect of, as well as only flushing paper down, don't flush nappies, your ex's sweater etc, which you get in some VT loos. I did no know EMT did that too. It must have been an oldish carriage as there was the note, not to use it when in a station.

Slightly off topic but there is a similar notice in the loo at an Italian restaurant in St Pancras station!

Kneedown

Established Member
No, EMT and VT are both (at least partly) Stagecoach operated. In fact, I believe no Virgin operated HST has been given to the Midland since Midland Mainline days.
There is a VT buffet car that pops up in our sets from time to time.

SPADTrap

Established Member
I think they got the same stickers from wherever. I've seen it on quite a few trains in the past.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
IIRC Stagecoach operated SWT had similar stickers.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
You'd think they would have the creativity to think up a new company-specific witty ditty instead of all of them using the one with the goldfish and the sweater.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You'd think they would have the creativity to think up a new company-specific witty ditty instead of all of them using the one with the goldfish and the sweater.

I'd rather they just dispensed with "witty ditties" thanks.

AFC440

IIRC Stagecoach operated SWT had similar stickers.

Yes still the same on SWR. As is everything nearly a year on....

Incidentally, I believe VTEC have 125’s on lease from EMT. Well the EMT livery on the engine car gave it away but disappointing interior was evident too

Status
Not open for further replies.