• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Now Playing....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bevan Price

Established Member
Klaatu - "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft"

(The original - and best version - later covered by The Carpenters)

and "Little Neutrino"

Bevan Price

Established Member
Bread - "I Am That I Am"

and "Been Too Long On The Road"

and "Look What've You Done"

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but this is in memory of a good friend:

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Aphex Twin - Xtal

Good choice - I listened to "Selected Ambient Works" the other day for the first time in ages. I always remembered this tune being used for the BBC2 "Home Front" programme.

It's only fair that I share my own "now playing" - Mrs Wood from a good few years ago. I've heard her DJ in clubs a couple of times, and I was never disappointed :)

Ashley Hill

Established Member
The basics of this album were recorded in the mid 80s but never released. Later Klaus Dinger released this version as Neu4 without Michael Rothers consent. After Dingers death Rother remixed and added overdubs and released it as Neu86 which sounded more finished. I dont mind either version but havn't played this version for a while.

nlogax

Established Member
Good choice - I listened to "Selected Ambient Works" the other day for the first time in ages. I always remembered this tune being used for the BBC2 "Home Front" programme.

As soon as a proper autumnal day arrives I always whack this tune on, it just seems to sum up the season for me.

Liking the Mrs Wood mix! Very much takes me back.

ollyrogers

If anyone's a fan of the Stereophonics, I have a new project covering their songs (and others) under the pseudonym 'The Stereophony'. A few other covers including Creedence Clearwater Revival, Bob Dylan and Hot Chocolate in the mix!

kermit

Runnin' With the Devil, Van Halen

First heard on Tommy Vance's Radio 1 Friday Rock Show around 78. Eddie's cavernous riff was unbelievable. RIP.

SteveM70

Established Member

This is a young lad from Todmorden’s band. Sounds variously like Kraftwerk and Joy Division. I really like it