• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Olivia Newton John, R.I.P,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Sadly, BBC News has just reported the death of Olivia Newton John, 1948 - 2022.
R.I.P.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phil56

This has really hit me. I grew up listening to her music as a teenager in the 70s and at that time, didn't realise just how good she was. It's only recently that I rediscovered her from a couple of old vinyls I found in the loft, and then found lots of her music and chat show interviews on You Tube, especially her Physical 1981 tour (full version on YT) which I've watched dozens of times. She was such a beautiful person inside and out. Natural, classy, girl next door, with an incredible singing talent. Life threw her lemons (business failure, miscarriages, broken relationships, cancer and film failures) but she stayed positive and bounced back every time without the obsessive self pity we've seen with other stars. We really did lose someone special yesterday.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
her grandfather was the physicist Max Born and her father worked at Bletchley Park. That is my Olivia Newton John knowledge exhausted.

Status
Not open for further replies.