• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Out of Court Settlement Fee - Pay Delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therock

Hi everyone,

I received a letter today which is the out of court settlement fee, this followed my letter to GTR to explain my situation. However, my concern is, the letter was written 26th January 2021, on the envelope it says 27th January 2021, but I just received it today. I have been busy all day, so just managed to open my mail this evening, I will certainly pay the fee, but, would this time delay cause any problem for me? I am going to call the number tomorrow to pay the fee.

Just really worried at the moment because the letter says to pay 'immediately' or it will go to Magistrates Court.

Look forward to hearing opinions/advice.

Thank you.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cakefiend

I would explain the circumstances when you call tomorrow. I'm sure GTR allow some time for delivery and will be aware of the delays affecting Royal Mail right now.

Therock

I would explain the circumstances when you call tomorrow. I'm sure GTR allow some time for delivery and will be aware of the delays affecting Royal Mail right now.
Hi,
Thank you, I agree and hopefully, but I know they may be super busy too and want things done smoothly, fingers crossed it goes okay tomorrow. It says to either pay via post too, but I don't use cheque so prefer to just called and pay by card.

Also, just curious, would anyone be able to help with this question; but if my mum were to pay for this, because of funds, would that be okay? I would then pay back my mum end of the month when I am paid. Or, since its my situation, do I have to? Thanks!

alistairlees

Established Member
It doesn’t matter who pays. Just that payment is made. The arrangements that you have to make payment don’t matter. That said it might be better if your mum makes the payment, rather than you make the payment with her card.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Also, just curious, would anyone be able to help with this question; but if my mum were to pay for this, because of funds, would that be okay? I would then pay back my mum end of the month when I am paid. Or, since its my situation, do I have to? Thanks!
It doesn't matter where the money comes from as long as it is paid.

Therock

@MikeWh and @alistairlees Okay thank you both for you advice, really appreciate it, in regard the date, there wasn't any time frame to pay, do you think its considered a long time from 26th Jan to tomorrow to pay?

The letter does say this: 'Failure to pay the above amount immediately could result in the case continuing through magistrates court process'.

I am going to call tomorrow, so guess I am just overthinking now.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I'm sure nothing will happen for at least 14 days, probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.