• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oxford to London with 2 days of travelcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagravarr

This weekend, we want to head from Oxford into London on day 1, spend two days taking a bunch of different tubes / buses / trains, then train back to Oxford late on day 2. However, I'm struggling to figure out the best way to get the tickets for that....

Two of us travelling together, covered by both a Two Together and a Annual Goldcard. Goldcard is loaded on my Oyster, but no discounts on the other half's Oyster card. That makes me think that Off Peak Return to London + Oyster won't be the cheapest, since we can't get the railcard discount on both our Oyster use.

Happy to go to the station early to buy the tickets, if the cheapest option is something that can't be bought online (maybe something with out-of-boundary tickets?), just not sure what combination of tickets is likely to be best!

Anyone know the cheapest option, with railcards, for Oxford to London return with 2 days of travelcard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
I have not checked prices, but two outboundary day Travelcards, one for each day, often work for this kind of use case.
In this case the Off-peak return is so relatively cheap you would have to spend nearly £50 on Oyster for this to work! A pair of discounted one day paper travelcards each day from a NR station in Zone 6 would be cheaper than that at £36.40 but even that may not be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.