• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Oyster Refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been sent email by TFL that I have a refund.
Its says collect from Liverpool St,
Would it automatically get collected if I use Kings Cross?
Or do I need to travel via Liverpool St?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Is it after travelling on the GOBLIN?

If the email says you need to collect at a station then unfortunately you do need to use that station. It's the old method, but seems to be used still occasionally. If you haven't used* the station in question after 8-9 days then you can call the helpdesk and they should be able to re-route it to another station or issue a bank transfer.

*The email may say you have to start a journey at the station, but ending is just as valid, as is changing there to continue at a nearby station.

I did travel on the the GOBLIN yes, I got a refund of £5.90, but the email said it was a technical issue and I'd been over charged.(I did collect the refund at LST)
For info I traveled Barking to Upper Holloway

Last edited:

Surreytraveller

On Moderation
I don't use the Underground often, so on the couple of occasions I've been owed a refund I've messaged them and arranged a bank transfer

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I did travel on the the GOBLIN yes, I got a refund of £5.90, but the email said it was a technical issue and I'd been over charged.(I did collect the refund at LST)
For info I traveled Barking to Upper Holloway
I'm pleased you've picked up the refund OK. The other goblin refund I'm aware of called it a technical or operational issue too. £5.90 is way too much for one trip on the Goblin, so there must have been something else going on. Sadly TfL rarely explain how they arrive at the figure. If you check your journey history for that day you might see the issue.

hkstudent

Established Member
I have called TfL hotline a few days ago. If you couldn't make it to the station within 7 days, you may call TfL hotline to arrange a manual refund to the oyster card or to online credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.