• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

P38 Lightning flying near Brighton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9f

I’m sure a just saw a P38 fly along the coast at Brighton (they’re pretty distinctive!). Does anyone know any details, a quick search doesn’t show any UK airworthy ones?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ediswan

Established Member

matt9f

Thanks. Yes, I’d forgotten it was Goodwood last weekend. First time I’ve seen one, pretty impressive.

Strathclyder

Established Member
Just because I just happened to be in the middle of a World War II warbird binge on YT, here's one on the P-38 (from the spencerhughes2255 channel) for those who may be unaware of what it looks/sounds like:

Kezholiday

I’m sure a just saw a P38 fly along the coast at Brighton (they’re pretty distinctive!). Does anyone know any details, a quick search doesn’t show any UK airworthy ones?
Yes I saw it also flying over worthing pier towards Shoreham, beautiful aircraft

Status
Not open for further replies.