• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pacer Withdrawals: The list (Reference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Passed 55691 (143625) on back of low loader heading south on A1 about 2.15 this afternoon somewhere around York. Destination blind had Barry Island on!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

My favourite pacer, 143617, has finally found a home at the Tarka Valley Railway!

T74

Hi does anyone know which 144 or 143 is currently stored at Hnrc at Worksop I noticed one hiding at back of the 92s and 20s . Thanks

The_Train

Established Member
Hi does anyone know which 144 or 143 is currently stored at Hnrc at Worksop I noticed one hiding at back of the 92s and 20s . Thanks

1670422581765.png

This is the only 143 or 144 I have down as being at Worksop although I've not seen any updates on this since last year

Attachments

• 1670422655087.png
    1670422655087.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 75

The_Train

Established Member
Anybody know when 143623 moved to the Wensleydale Railway please?

They have posted photo's on social media of it today, undergoing a repaint into Regional Railways livery

Mat17

Indeed it is. 41 to 49 and 51 to 58 were the Merseyrail refurbs.
I thought so. Horrid things. I know some have survived, which is a real shame. Hopefully they'll restore them to original condition. Or if they can't, donate them to York dungeon. :)

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
It isn't necessarily wrong to describe them as bus seats though- they're very similar to the notorious "Urban 90" seats from back in the day.

bramling

Veteran Member
I thought so. Horrid things. I know some have survived, which is a real shame. Hopefully they'll restore them to original condition. Or if they can't, donate them to York dungeon. :)

I always find it incredible that someone managed to take a train generally regarded as fairly poor quality (albeit *personally* I never found them too bad in original condition), and devise a refurbishment that made the said train very considerably worse. Only in England!

Mat17

I always find it incredible that someone managed to take a train generally regarded as fairly poor quality (albeit *personally* I never found them too bad in original condition), and devise a refurbishment that made the said train very considerably worse. Only in England!
I totally agree. The bus seat ones were very utilitarian, but they had some leg room (not great) and they had some padding in the seats (also not great).

The Merseyrail refurb though took away all the legroom, most of the padding and then the backrest was at an odd, uncomfortable angle. It wasn't even bolt upright but ever so slightly forwards - great for the top of the seat digging into your mid back and leaving you with nothing to support the lower back - unless you sat leaning hunched over.

I'm fairly slim and I found them unbearable. Anyone who might be carrying more weight must have found them impossible to even get into.

They always used to leave me with back ache (something I very rarely get).

Status
Not open for further replies.