• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington Station 18/9/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trailfinder

I took a trip up to Pad yesterday to look at the works around the station, something I did quite regularly before lockdown.

Leaving the station via the arrivals ramp, the large wall to the left has gone, as part of the Paddington square development.

London Street is now closed at the junction with Praed Street, and there is a diversion round the Pad Square site. On the site, the central core of the building is up to 18th floor level - it was at ground level 6 months ago.

On the other side of the station you can now enter and leave the station via the enclosed Lawn area onto Eastbourne Terrace, although you still have to go up/down the slope to the corner with Praed Street.

Eastbourne Terrace is currently closed, the blue Crossrail hoarding has gone and a new temporary barrier erected on the new pavement. Work in progress is to resurface ET in the area which was behind the old hoarding.

The only visible work then to complete is outstanding paving work.

Sorry I haven't provided pictures.

They are slowly getting there!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scottychoo

The large wall has not gone, its in the process of being demolished, won't be gone for some time yet

Status
Not open for further replies.