• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paddington to Heathrow T4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to travel Thursday 10th May from Paddington Station to Heathrow T4 at around 17:30-18:30 & return the following morning between 07:30-08:30.

Because these are "Peak" hours I've ruled out Heathrow express completely on the price, So I'm looking for a cheaper ticket.

My question is do I purchase an Anytime Heathrow Connect ticket at £10.30 to Heathrow Teminal 2 & 3 (HXX) and from there take the free shuttle train to T4, or do I need to purchase the more expensive £25.00 ticket to T4 (HAF).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

Tickets are issued to "Heathrow Rail" for the £10.30 option, and are valid to all terminals via "Not Heathrow Express". The £25.00 option is the Heathrow Express ticket.

Of course, there is the District Line to Earls Court then the Piccadilly line from there to Terminal 4. I would take that. Even the Heathrow connect is not really worth the extra money IMHO particularly when you add in breakdowns and delays at Paddington station.

Never thought of the underground, Stupid me.

I have an oyster card, is that valid for the complete journey? Does the underground travel direct to T4 station?

transmanche

Established Member
Never thought of the underground, Stupid me.

I have an oyster card, is that valid for the complete journey? Does the underground travel direct to T4 station?
Yes, the Oyster card is valid for the complete journey on LU and some Piccadilly line trains travel directly to T4 (just check the destination first).

(All travel between Heathrow T2/T3, T4 and T5 is free - whether by tube, train or bus - because of HAL's Free Travel Zone.)

Iggy12a

The Heathrow Connect continues from T2/T3 and terminates at T4, forming part of the free inter-terminal transfer service.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Yes, the Oyster card is valid for the complete journey on LU and some Piccadilly line trains travel directly to T4 (just check the destination first).

(All travel between Heathrow T2/T3, T4 and T5 is free - whether by tube, train or bus - because of HAL's Free Travel Zone.)

Though worth noting you can only take advantage of free inter-terminal travel on the Tube (Piccadilly line) if you have an Oyster card or contactless payment card (e.g. debit or credit card) - basically you use that card to touch-in and touch-out and are charged a 'zero' fare.

If I was the OP and actually starting my journey from the vicinity of Paddington, I would consider using the Heathrow Connect over the tube - though it's undoubtedly more expensive.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The Heathrow Connect continues from T2/T3 and terminates at T4, forming part of the free inter-terminal transfer service.
Only a very small handful of Heathrow Connect trains from Paddington go to Terminal 4, and these are in early mornings and late evenings. The majority of trains from Paddington run to Terminal 5 (although they are only advertised to Terminals 123).

There is a direct service to Terminal 4 from central London every ten minutes at the times you will be travelling. It is wise however to board the first train and change at Acton Town or Hatton Cross depending on the first train that arrives.

sonic2009

Established Member
If you did want to come back on Heathrow Express, currently there is a 30 day Advance saver available for £14.30.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Going to use the tube out & connect back into Paddington.

If you're feeling a bit more flush, you can get "30 day advance express saver" tickets for £14.30 each way, from the HEx website. These are valid on any train at any time on the day they are issued for.

It's only a couple of quid more than Connect, and you don't have the 30-minute wait if you just miss one.

Obviously a lot more expensive than the tube, though.

philthetube

Established Member
Only a very small handful of Heathrow Connect trains from Paddington go to Terminal 4, and these are in early mornings and late evenings. The majority of trains from Paddington run to Terminal 5 (although they are only advertised to Terminals 123).
How many trains can you fit in a small hand. (Sorry) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.