• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Parking at Luton Airport Parkway Station then going on holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

flitwickbeds

Despite asking both Thameslink and APCOA (the car park operator) for a copy of their terms and conditions for parking at Luton Airport Parkway, neither of them could provide it online and APCOA said to refer to the signage on site.

Am I allowed to park at Luton Airport Parkway Station then get on the shuttle bus to the airport and go on holiday without using the train?

I would be parking for 8 days and would pay for all of it in advance on the APCOA app.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Despite asking both Thameslink and APCOA (the car park operator) for a copy of their terms and conditions for parking at Luton Airport Parkway, neither of them could provide it online and APCOA said to refer to the signage on site.

Am I allowed to park at Luton Airport Parkway Station then get on the shuttle bus to the airport and go on holiday without using the train?

I would be parking for 8 days and would pay for all of it in advance on the APCOA app.

Have you not looked at the long stay car park at the airport?

dk1

Veteran Member
I was recently told by someone that they left their car at Parkway to go on holiday as it was cheaper than using the airport itself.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The only way I've ever known any such "for rail travellers only" restrictions be enforced is what happens at the likes of Oxford - where you can only pay for your parking online, and need the daily code, which is on a display on the platform.

There is no such arrangement at Luton Airport Parkway. If you have paid the correct parking fee that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.