• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Paul Bigland's blog page.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Snapper

Established Member
New blog. You couldn't make it up. One of the founders of @XRebellionUK endorses and spreads the views of fossil fuel lobbyist 'think tanks' to oppose us building HS2. I always had my suspicions about XR being a front.

Snapper

Established Member
I've started a new picture blog looking back at the lives and time of the Class 319s now that they're in their final week of service.

D6130

Established Member

The Ham

Established Member
Recent press reports - can't remember where I read it - suggest that this spoof poster was commissioned and paid-for by the Labour Northern Mayors as a p**s take against the government.

Even though it may be a spoof poster the story is valid:

Londoners will enjoy smoother and safer journeys, as the government today (20 December 2023) announces how London boroughs will benefit from £235 million in extra funding which has been redirected from HS2 to resurface roads across the capital over the next 11 years.

Snapper

Established Member
Recent press reports - can't remember where I read it - suggest that this spoof poster was commissioned and paid-for by the Labour Northern Mayors as a p**s take against the government.
It was no spoof. It was put out by the DfT on the instruction of Ministers. Harper even defended it on Twitter until someone instructed the DfT to take it down, but by that time it was too late. Too many of us had copied it. I've detailed it here. https://paulbigland.blog/2023/12/21/the-tories-are-just-taking-the-pss-now/