• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

People who prefer the restricted things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bantamzen

Established Member
Could the same not be said about people who throw around the phrases "lockdown enthusiast" (often on here abbreviated to "locktavist") etc etc?
Not that either is good, but its clear one is generally accepted by people here and the other isn't.
I'm probably one of the original users of this phrase, and I stand by it's use. It refers to people who actively support / promote restrictions such as lockdowns (hence the name) over all other considerations. And there are plenty of people who were / are still trying to convince governments that we need more of them, and harder ones too.

But whilst we are here discussing phrases, remember "covidiot"? Hmmm....??!!??

Comments like saying ‘[XYZ country] hasn’t built up enough immunity’ means not enough people have got infected for their liking. Or the regular attacks on Australia’s and New Zealand‘s strategies and taking great delight when an outbreak occurs. Suggestions that younger people needn’t get the vaccine and should just take their chances..
There are regular attacks on those countries strategies because they are flawed. After 18 months of the pandemic, they still have to have lockdowns, restrictions as well as closed borders. Why? Because the virus still gets through. Let me repeat that. The virus still gets through. In order to stop this viral behaviour, you would have to stop all human interaction for an extended period of time, & I do mean all human interactions. In fact even that wouldn't be enough, you would have to stop all animal interactions in species that the virus might cross over to. Only then would you achieve what these countries administrations seem to think they can enact.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dent

It was not a claim, it was a friggin’ insult
So you admit that you were throwing insults. How do you think that is a constructive contribution to a civilized and rational discussion?

now how you about you actually debate the actual point of the post regarding the devastating effects of catching covid?
That's a bit rich considering you were the one who has admitted to throwing insults rather than engaging politely in a reasoned discussion.

You are the disingenuous one, playing distraction tactics.
What "distraction tactics" have I ever played? You were the one insulting and willfully misrepresenting people, I was the one who called you out for it.

I’ve edited the original post to remove the insult.
You have removed that particular insult, however you haven't really made your post any more civil or constructive. Your reference to "you lot" still comes across as derogatory.

‘To be happy’ about something can be used to mean to be ‘okay’ / satisfied / do not object about something happening
You're trying to redefine the English language again.

it is not the case that it has to run its course.
What other viable exit plan from all restrictions is there?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think we’re probably done with this thread for now. It’s too conflict based I’m afraid.
Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.