• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Permitted Routes Nuneaton to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm just wondering what the permitted routes are for journeys between Nuneaton and London Terminals? For £27.45 YP I can go ''Direct'', but I have to pay an extra £3.50 for the ''Any Permitted'' fare. I'm just wondering which routes would be valid on the latter fare and whether or not it is worth it.

Also if there was disruption on the WCML, would ticket acceptance be in place to allow me to travel via an alternative route (e.g MML to Leicester)?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tractakid

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what the permitted routes are for journeys between Nuneaton and London Terminals? For £27.45 YP I can go ''Direct'', but I have to pay an extra £3.50 for the ''Any Permitted'' fare. I'm just wondering which routes would be valid on the latter fare and whether or not it is worth it.

Also if there was disruption on the WCML, would ticket acceptance be in place to allow me to travel via an alternative route (e.g MML to Leicester)?

Many thanks in advance.

Without checking the routing guide, my assumptions would be Coventry- then Euston (perhaps via Northampton), or Coventry-Leamington Spa-Marylebone.

Paddington I guess would be valid via the daily service via Greenford.

Last edited:

SS4

Established Member
Pretty sure you'll be allowed to go via Birmingham New Street on the Any Permitted and thence via Chiltern to Marylebone (NRES seems to allow it on one ticket but I've not checked the maps)

tractakid

Having done more investigation (The service from South Ruislip to Paddington IS daily), I can get itineraries displaying on WebTIS from Nuneaton to Euston/Marylebone via Birmingham and via Coventry. I got Paddington via Greenford to display too, only needs 6 changes! haha

PAD via Reading was not showing as an option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.